HELP: No sound from tv when connected via DAC

magnolia

I have old CRT TV from onida and it has 3 RCA INPUTS
My setup is as follows:

laptop connected to DAC via usb cable - - - DAC has RCA red and white output - - - I have spare RCA Cable [ yellow white red TO yellow white red] --- I have connected one end of RCA red, white to DAC output and another end of RCA red, white to TV INPUT --- - but no sound from TV.

when I connect dac to laptop, drivers are automatically installed, SOUND --PROPERTIES -- SPDIF VIA usb is selected automatically, I am able to play wma files through windowS media player but no sound from TV:sad::mad:

AV Experts - - - any suggestions.

I have old CRT TV from onida and it has 3 RCA INPUTS
My setup is as follows:

laptop connected to DAC via usb cable - - - DAC has RCA red and white output - - - I have spare RCA Cable [ yellow white red TO yellow white red] --- I have connected one end of RCA red, white to DAC output and another end of RCA red, white to TV INPUT --- - but no sound from TV.

when I connect dac to laptop, drivers are automatically installed, SOUND --PROPERTIES -- SPDIF VIA usb is selected automatically, I am able to play wma files through windowS media player but no sound from TV:sad::mad:

AV Experts - - - any suggestions.

I donot know whether this helps but I have an2000 year videocon Bazoomba TV whose amplifier i used to use thru my Transcend MP4 player for playing audio only. While the audio came for some time it used to shut down after sometime showing 'ASH' which means Automatic Shut Down. Then I found out that in the absence of any Video signal the TV was programmed to shut after sometime and i was not able to find any solution for it. While your case is different as u are using computer as source thru DAC, have u checked by playing any analog source through TV if all the input RCA terminals are functional or not? or if the TV only allows audio if it is simultaneously accompanied by the video signal by connecting a DVD player ?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back