Help on selecting the right amps/speakers

henfern

Alright, so i am a newbie to this space. I always wanted to have my own music system to listen to some good music, choices vary from rock, country, pop, western classical to my wife's favourites for Indian(kishore kumar fan).. I would not prefer too loud music.I am planning to have this for 1 of my bedrooms.

I have been doing some research on amps,speakers etc.. but really confused which ones to go for. I am at Pune, so let me know if anyone kknows any place in Pune. Budget wise i am ok to go to 1,00,000 for something that is value for money. I have heard the CA 640 with MS 940(my friend's place), which sounded quite decent to me. I have read some reviews on Marantz PM6003 also. On the speaker front have read on MS aviano,mezza. Also, done some reading on subwoofers, stand mounters.I already have the Philips DVD player, so can manage on this one before going for anything else.

So any help in this regard is really helpful. Just need to make sure i do the relevant homework before going to these salesmen(just to know i was ripped off due to my inadequate knowledge).

Hi, Are you Henry Fernandes?

Welcome 2 the forum:)

You will get a lot of help here & SOUND advice!

Enjoy!

Francis

for your type of listening and budget check out the monitor audio silver series bookshelves ma rx2 paired with a nad c355 amplifier.

How do these amps compare to CA or marantz.

Silly question, as i would need to hear these.. but in your experience what do you feel is the diff(if you have heard these).

How do these amps compare to CA or marantz.

Silly question, as i would need to hear these.. but in your experience what do you feel is the diff(if you have heard these).

the nad and ca and marantz are all in the same price range. the ca though being neutral is a little clinical in its output - not as musical as the rest. though still a very good amp. the nad a little warmer and very musical. really full mids. bass though big is a little laid back and distant. no listening fatigue. cant really comment on the marantz.

like i said they're all good amps in the range, but with different characteristics. its best to audition them to suit what your ears like

Hi Henry,

suggest you drive down to mumbai & audition different amps & speakers, then decide on the combo. There are plenty of options in your budget, so make the most of the auditions :)

Regards

Hi Henry,

Nad and marantz amp is not a bad choice, but i think you should select the speaker first. You can try B&W 683 bookshelf speaker with NAD Integrated amp. If you ant a demo,try in sound factor or AV Xcellence.Heard that they have lots of option.

Hi Henry,

suggest you drive down to mumbai & audition different amps & speakers, then decide on the combo. There are plenty of options in your budget, so make the most of the auditions :)

Regards

What are the places in mumbai that you suggest?

for your type of listening and budget check out the monitor audio silver series bookshelves ma rx2 paired with a nad c355 amplifier.

bloody super advice
go for it!- the best part is that you will get to audition the exact combo in pune at Av excellence i think
However now where to buy from hmmm.... thats a different issue

Back