HELP Please! No sound. Driving me nuts!

Funnyman677

Getting no sound from receiver while trying to listen to Pandora that I downloaded to TV. I've tried everything, please help.

Cable from wall to comcast cable box.
HDMI from cable box into Denon 887 receiver "IN"
Then HDMI cable going from Denon 887 "monitor out" into Samsung PN51D8000 Smart TV HDMI port says (ARC).
That is my setup that has been working fine.

BUT I downloaded "Pandora" onto TV via WiFi comcast router and I can't get sound from pandora no matter what I've tried!
When I put on Pandora, it just keeps playing sound from TV station and doesn't switch to Pandora.

Tried: Optical audio cable from TV to Denon receiver(tried all optical ports on Denon)
Tried putting HDMI coming from Denon into different HDMI ports on TV.
Tried switching TV "external speakers" to "TV". Couldn't get TV to switch from PCM to Dolby because it won't let me highlight on Dolby(I read somewhere that might work)

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Does your receiver support ARC ? If not, then you won't get sound.
Second probability : I think the problem is in this connection > HDMI from cable box into Denon 887 receiver "IN""

Your receiver gets the sound from cable box, thats why you don't get sound from pandora, pandora is installed on TV not on cable box.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back