Help regarding home theatre connections

gopi_77

Hi,

Got a Airtel HD STB recently... got this connected to my samsung LCD TV through a HDMI cable..

Also have a panasonic 5.1 Home theatre... Now wanted to check whether it is possible to get the sound output through the HT speakers for all the HD channels.

Specs are as follows..

1) Airtel HD STB - has a HDMI port + Co-axial SPDIF port
2) Samsung LCD - has two HDMI AV in ports + Co-axial port
3) Panasonic HT - HDMI AV out - ARC channel port.

Regards
Gopi

Gopi,

Could you SHARE THE Models of the components please?
In usual way the STB should have a Audio out RCA.Just connect the Output from STB to Panasonic HT. It should work though

opt1: connect your stb hdmi out to avr hdmi in. and avr hdmi out to tv.

opt2: in addition to above, if you have, connect stb opt out to avr opt in.

1. Connect the AV Pin cables (Yellow Red White) from the STB to the TV.
2. Connect the ARC port from TV to the HT using HDMI cable (If the TV lacks ARC then connect the TV to HT using an HDMI cable + use an optical cable to connect TV and HT)

I think this should do it. :)

@ realactivex

By avr do you meant the HT ?.. if yes,, my HT does have only one HDMI ARC out channel.

@ValarMorghulis

Let me try this... but tell me this.. connecting the STB to TV via RCA cables.. the quality of picture would not be the same as that .. when connected through the HDMI right >?

@ValarMorghulis

Let me try this... but tell me this.. connecting the STB to TV via RCA cables.. the quality of picture would not be the same as that .. when connected through the HDMI right >?

Right, connecting the TV via RCA cables will affect the picture quality.
Does your TV have an ARC out HDMI port ?
If it does , then you are done, just get another HDMI cable and connect the ARC out of the TV to your Panasonic HT system ,because I see that this HT system has an ARC in port.

By AVR on the prev posts they meant an AV Receiver, AVR's have HDMI pass through that just process the audio and route the video to the TV.

@ Filmore.

So are you trying to say that i just need to a buy an HDMI cable and connect the HDMI port in my Home theatre to the HDMI in of my TV ?

Maybe...

Is it right if I connect my set top.box and tv with optical fiber for video ...use the hdmi.port.in my set top box and.connect.it.to the home theatres HDMI arc

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back