Help reqd: 5.1 home theater with F&D F6000U

kapil2007

Hello all,

I have bought F&D F6000U speakers, :clapping::yahoo:
Speakers are awesome and soud is cool, now I want to squeeze real Dolby/DTS 5.1 sound efffects from those speakers, as we know F6000U have analog 5.1 input only, its doesnt have digital/co-axial inputs, can anybody help me to do so...?:)
I tried following options also I have a Lenovo s400 laptop.
1. Easiest way is that I may buy a good external sound card which will have HDMI/USB inputs and 5.1 Analog outputs with Dolby/DTS decoders. but I couldnt find one.
2. I may buy a good BD/DVD player with 5.1 Analog output with Dolby/DTS decoders, this can solve the problem as latest DVD players have HDMI/USB connectivity so I can connect my laptop also and enjoy HD content and multy channel Sound, Kindly suggest a good DVD player with Dolby/DTS decoders.
3. Last option I may Buy a personal computer with add on sound card having multy channel sound output which I will connect to my speakers, this will solve all the problems

I will be very happy if anybody suggest me any device such as a DAC media player which will have following facilities

1. 5.1 Analog output.
2. USB/HDMI connectivity.
3. in-built dolby decoders.

Thanks in advance...
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I suggest go for a HTPC...that is the best thing to do..will help you in near future at least down the line for 5 years.

You will get very good video,sound and more over you can make you tv a smart tv....:)

1.) If you are using just laptop to watch movies ( not a TV), why do u need HDMI connectivity? Any external USB 5.1 sound card is good enough DAC and will solve your problem and give you all dolby/DTS 5.1 effects through analog outputs. Here is one.

Creative USB Sound Blaster X FI PRO Surround 5 1 SBX Sound Card NEW Model 1yr | eBay

2) All DVD players today have dolby, dts decoders and analog 5.1 outputs but again, they are meant for watching stuff on TV. if you are not watching on TV, there is no point buying a dvd player as it cannot take AV signal input from any device (laptop in ur case) - it can only give output. You can use dvd player to watch movies transferred from laptop and stored in USB/ hard disc. But you cannot directly connect laptop. If you are using TV, this is the cheapest solution for F&D as you ll get any decent dvd player starting 2.5K INR.

3) No need to buy computer specifically for this purpose - waste of money. Internal sound card if any will do the same thing as external sound card.

I suggest first, Make up your mind on:
1) what display you are using to watch movies- TV or laptop ?.
2) Finalise your playback source- its downloaded movies through USB/media player or is it HD cable (tatasky) or is it DVDs. ?
3) Finalise your source connectivity - Where does ur 5.1 signal originate from- HDMI or Optical or coaxial or USB.

Depending on the above choices, the solutions will change accordingly.

Feel free to ask further doubts/questions. Happy to help.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back