Help required for room treatment

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
Hello good people

I'm new to the audiophile world of stereo music.I bought a pair of Elac B6 which is paired with a Marantz integrated amp.

I request for suggestions for optimal room treatment. Below is the approximate location data:

1.Rear wall is 2 feet away from BOTH speakers (as per recommendation by E6 designer Andrew Jones)

2.The side walls are asymmetric. Right side wall is 3 feet away from right speaker but left wall is at least 6 feet away from left speaker.(It is not possible to change speaker positions).

3.Rear wall is plain without any hangings or furniture , 6 feet away from each speaker.

4.Floor to ceiling height is 7 feet (yes its low false ceiling)

I was thinking primarily of addressing Point #2 , however all suggestions are welcome.

2.The side walls are asymmetric. Right side wall is 3 feet away from right speaker but left wall is at least 6 feet away from left speaker.(It is not possible to change speaker positions).
Use a small mirror to find the first reflection points on the side walls for each speaker, then place thick absorption there to minimize the asymmetry.
1.Rear wall is 2 feet away from BOTH speakers (as per recommendation by E6 designer Andrew Jones)

3.Rear wall is plain without any hangings or furniture , 6 feet away from each speaker.
Is the rear wall 2 feet away or 6 feet away from the speakers? Also, what are you calling the "rear" wall: is it the wall in the front of the room or the rear of the room?

Treat your side wall first ,it should make major difference, that too if you treat first reflection point its enough. From my personal experience don't use rockwool , it leave some strong chemical like smell inside the room . I replacing with foam one by one ,however rockwool giving good results but i don't want to take risk , HEALTH hazardous

you could try all the above suggestions; in addition to it, you could also find out the first reflection points on the floor using a mirror, and place a thick area rug in that place. Make sure that you do this for all the front speakers. For the area rug, usually a thick shaggy rug made of polyester provides the best absorption (according to a report that I googled). You would be able to find the rug that I'm talking about on amazon.in

you could try all the above suggestions; in addition to it, you could also find out the first reflection points on the floor using a mirror, and place a thick area rug in that place. Make sure that you do this for all the front speakers. For the area rug, usually a thick shaggy rug made of polyester provides the best absorption (according to a report that I googled). You would be able to find the rug that I'm talking about on amazon.in
Could you post the amazon link please?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Mash,

I got a wall to wall carpet built from Malsa for my HT, they added an extra layer of foam for absorption and as well as for better feel. As of now tested with equipment as I have to still connect the same.

Mash,

I got a wall to wall carpet built from Malsa for my HT, they added an extra layer of foam for absorption and as well as for better feel. As of now tested with equipment as I have to still connect the same.
Oh alright that sounds interesting.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Mash,

If you could post some pics it'd be great. How did you carpet it like routine pasting or ply framework support?

A thick carpet for acoustics is a good option if it works out well (even I thought of it at a point of time). Because cleaning it is easier and less allergy or smell issues. If you could remove and clean, it'll be still better

If you could post some pics it'd be great. How did you carpet it like routine pasting or ply framework support?

A thick carpet for acoustics is a good option if it works out well (even I thought of it at a point of time). Because cleaning it is easier and less allergy or smell issues. If you could remove and clean, it'll be still better

Will post it in my thread.

They use a carpet material which is meant for wall to wall, so there are no ugly lines. comes in 13ft rolls.

They initially stick the foam to the floor and the carpet to the foam.

They are stuck with something known as SR glue (synthetic rubber adhesive). I put it also in the skirting for better look (as that was the only white area in my HT.

Wall mats will only absorb high frequency sound, and will not interfere with low frequency which is usually the issue in home theaters. Better to identify what is your issue before trying out the wall carpet solution. I had gone through the hard path and fixed carpets in floor, wall and ceiling of my HT, and then only realized that it will not treat the low frequency boomy sound which I was trying to control. I had to add corner bass traps later to get what I achieved.
Yes, it gives a good texture to the room, but at the price of vacuuming it on a regular interval.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back