Help Required. Help me set up my Home Theater

an_and

Friends, am new to the forum, and hence I guess I had posted this query earlier ina wrong forum, and hence reposting here. Apologies if this voilates any rules.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All, in the process of moving into a new home. The hall / living room is divided into two parts the living area being around 19 feet by 14 feet and the dining 10x10. In the living area the actual area available (excluding passage) is close to 14x14.

I have decided to get a good av setup in this room. Would like to keep budget to a minimum (2.5 L) but right now it seems that i am looking at something close to 3 Lacs.

TV
- LG LM6700 - 55" Has a combo offer of HT806 Home theater (some puny floor/wall mounting speakers and a Blue ray player + 8 glasses- cost:- 135000
-LG LM 7600 - 55" read somewhere on this site that the same is available for 148K
- Panasonic ST50 Plasma 50" - 100K
- Sony HX750 LED 55" - 150K

Would like to know how much role does the motion clarity index play as that is the only difference in both the LG Models. In 6700 its 400 Hz and in 7600 its 800 Hz

I am fixated on having a min. size of 50" and kind of biased towards LG as sony seems to be too expensive though the 3d quality is awesome, and plasma is a no only because of heavy power consumption and pq vise LG seems OK though nowhere close to Sony.

AV Setup NOTE: There is no provision for floor mounted speakers.

- Marantz 6007 or 6006 - between 59K to 64 K as per hifimart.
- RTI A3 - for the front
- CSi A4 - for the center channel
- OWM3 two pairs for the surrounds
- Either a sonodyne or a polks woofer.

Or is it ok that I stick with the first three lines and buy the BA XS hometheater 5.1 system and use it for woofer and surrounds

Since I am no audiophile and am looking for more than decent music and movie experience as well as the wow factor would the marantz NR1603 paired with Polk Book shelf and center channel and the BA soundware XS be good enough i guesss that will ensure that I dont cross 100K for the audio setup.

Please let me know if you think that this is a good setup to go for, or if the reciever is an overkill then which other good options are there.

I am no audiophile and i find that what i hear at audition definitely does not sound the same way at home. So I feel it better to go with the experts judgement here and since I am not a serious audiophile it will not make that great a difference to me if it is a notch or two above or below the mark.

I will move into my place by feb end and I need to buy by jan end.

For LG related queries, there is a sponsered section by LG in the forum, where a LG technician will answer your queries.

Since its 14 x 14 and u r not an audiophile (for now..may change after listening for some time.. :D), why dont you consider HTiB setups.
You can just buy a htib and if you are not satisfied with the speakers, can upgrade the front, left and center channel speakers.
Good ones will be like
Denon 1312XP
Yamaha 296/298
Onkyo 4505 (dont know whether its sub is active or not)..

Well a couple of things missing in Yamaha - ethernet connectivity and too few HDMI ports. I have an ancient Yamaha 5.1 system at my place and somehow am not finding Yamaha a good buy.

Secondly I also want to network the entire place so that movies, etc can be played right out of the NAS box that i am setting up. And lastly would like to have a 7.1 system. , am already looking at close to 1.25 Lakhs, so would like to make it worth the investment.

Heard rave reviews about this speaker set. Anybody has any idea if they are available in India:- "Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Speaker System"

As you are planning, you may consider some high end Bookshelf speakers for fronts and matching Center, dipoles for surrounds and a decent AVR like Denon, Onkyo.

Not sure about Sony AVRs.

Siva

Well a couple of things missing in Yamaha - ethernet connectivity and too few HDMI ports. I have an ancient Yamaha 5.1 system at my place and somehow am not finding Yamaha a good buy.

Secondly I also want to network the entire place so that movies, etc can be played right out of the NAS box that i am setting up. And lastly would like to have a 7.1 system. , am already looking at close to 1.25 Lakhs, so would like to make it worth the investment.

Hi Anand,

Can you share some more details with me about the NAS? I was going to get a Ext HDD and use that for movies storage..

Is the NAS a better and scalable option?

Ash

Yes NAS is a better option. For starters we can configure it in raid 5 or Raid 1 ensuring that we do not have any data loss. Secondly it is network ready, accessible from the network receiver pc laptops and tablets as well with appropriate software. Good branded NAS box come for around 20-25k and 5 2tb hard disks should set us back by 25 k min. But hey all our videos, pictures and DVDs will be safe, and I think that's worth the price.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back