Help required in connecting Yamaha AV Receiver to DTH/TV

nitinkalra2000

Hi All,

I have recently bought Yamaha yht 196 home theater. I am having a LCT Tv (very basic) with 3 HDMI ports and a standard DTH(DishTV) STB without HDMI port.

Can anybody please help me in how to connect AV receiver with DTH and TV ?

I want to watch the TV(with DTH) but want to listen through home theater.
What type of wires do I need for this connection ?

There are two possible options:

1. Connect the LR RCA out of the STB directly to one of the analog inputs of the AVR.
2. If your TV has headphone or optical or line out then connect them to the AVR and connect stb audio to TV.

Best will be to upgrade to HD STB like Videocon which has Dolby Digital 5.1 for most HD channels.

There are two possible options:

1. Connect the LR RCA out of the STB directly to one of the analog inputs of the AVR.
2. If your TV has headphone or optical or line out then connect them to the AVR and connect stb audio to TV.

Best will be to upgrade to HD STB like Videocon which has Dolby Digital 5.1 for most HD channels.

Thanks....

But
1) If I connect as per your first option then the sound is coming through front speakers and subwoofer only. Surround and center speakers are not working.

2) TV has headphone out but dont know how it would be input to AV Receiver

I will update to HD STB later on not as of now. Have already put money on 196 ;)

Plz suggest

Thanks...

But..
1) After connecting as per 1st option the sound is coming through front speakers and subwoofer only. Center and surrounds are not working.

2) TV has headphone out but dont know where to connect it in AV Reciver.

I will upgrade it later on as recently have put all money on 196. ;)

Hi All,

I have recently bought Yamaha yht 196 home theater. I am having a LCT Tv (very basic) with 3 HDMI ports and a standard DTH(DishTV) STB without HDMI port.

Can anybody please help me in how to connect AV receiver with DTH and TV ?

I want to watch the TV(with DTH) but want to listen through home theater.
What type of wires do I need for this connection ?
If you are going to listen through home theatre system only 100% of the time simply connect the Audi out ( red and white RCA cables) to your home theatre and the yellow video directly to TV or your home theatre system .

The alternate is to connect the STB directly to TV and take the audio out of TV to home theatre. You will have to select the audio out settings on TV as required.

Thanks....

But
1) If I connect as per your first option then the sound is coming through front speakers and subwoofer only. Surround and center speakers are not working.

2) TV has headphone out but dont know how it would be input to AV Receiver

I will update to HD STB later on not as of now. Have already put money on 196 ;)

Plz suggest

1. This is because the audio is in 2 channel. Use Dolby prologic or DTS Neo6 in AVR to get virtual 5.1

2. Use a 3.5mm to RCA cable to connect headphone out to AVR. 3.5mm RCA cable | eBay

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back