Help required in setting up Yamaha RX V577

abhimanyuk

Dear Members,

I have just ordered a Yamaha 577 amp from dubai through a relative and am also getting a Polk audio home theatre TL1600 by 2nd week of december from dubai

People recommended I buy it from dubai if I have relatives there since it will be a lot cheaper and I actually have ended up saving around 40,000 for the amp + speakers.

I need this community members help in setting up my first home theatre.

I will ofcourse go through the manuals of the amp and speakers but my query is as follows:

1. the back of the amp has 2 settings thru a slider (110v / 220V )which should i set it on?
2. what cable should i use from amp to woofer?
3. how do i set up my tv (sony w700B which has hdmi arc point) / ps3 / hd tata sky setup box ?
4. I would like the TV output also through home theatre itself.
5. Do i need a transfomer / converter for the power aspect. I am planning to use a belkin 6 plug point protector for all the various plugs.
6. I am totally new to this so please also let me know which hdmi cable etc should go where from / to amp , tv , ps3?
7. Idea settings on the amp for the speakers?

Kindly guide me through this.

Thanking you in anticipation

I will try to answer the generic connection questions.

1. the back of the amp has 2 settings thru a slider (110v / 220V )which should i set it on?
It is a dual voltage model and you have to set it to 220V.
There will be sub out on rear of 577 which should go to your sub using a subwoofer cable
3. how do i set up my tv (sony w700B which has hdmi arc point) / ps3 / hd tata sky setup box ?

HDMI OUT from 577 should be connected to the TV HDMI (ARC). This way TV audio will be send back to AVR too.
Answer to Q3.
5. Do i need a transfomer / converter for the power aspect. I am planning to use a belkin 6 plug point protector for all the various plugs.
No transformer/setp down converter needed as it works on 220v.
6. I am totally new to this so please also let me know which hdmi cable etc should go where from / to amp , tv , ps3?
All your sources HDMI OUT ( Blu ray, PS3, etc ) should be connected to HDMI IN in 577. Then HDMI OUT from 577 to TV HDMI IN.

Probably Yamaha users will give valuable suggestions on the setting.

Dear Members,

I have just ordered a Yamaha 577 amp from dubai through a relative and am also getting a Polk audio home theatre TL1600 by 2nd week of december from dubai

People recommended I buy it from dubai if I have relatives there since it will be a lot cheaper and I actually have ended up saving around 40,000 for the amp + speakers.

I need this community members help in setting up my first home theatre.

I will ofcourse go through the manuals of the amp and speakers but my query is as follows:

Kindly guide me through this.

Thanking you in anticipation

Thank you so much for your prompt and well detailed reply.

one query, what is the cable called from sub to amp ? rca cable??

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back