Help required : Maxine step down transformer 110v 1kva not powering on when connected to single phase power supply

ngnp

Bought new Maxine 110v 1kva step down transformer to power up my US 120v av receiver. It was with normal 3 pin input plug and labelled for use in single phase supply.

When checked in shop, it was working fine.
Brought to home.My house single phase supply. The transformer not even powered on.

Took to my neighbours house where the power supply is 3 phase. strange, the transformer is working fine.

I spoke to seller. He said the transformer is designed for and work well even in single phase supply.

i checked with one electrician at my home. As he did not have multimeter to check, He connected one bulb through the output socket of the step down transformer. it was glowing very dim. It seems little output is coming from the output socket of transformer.

what could be the problem. why it is not working in my home and working well at neighbour home?

May be the voltage at my home is too low to power up the 1kva step down transformer?
But i heared transformer as such will not consume power.
Also confused how the bulb glows dim when connected to the outlet. Is it because of low voltage leading this issue and not powering the transformer fully, but transmitting very low voltage at the output ( may be not 110v at output, but little volt because of receiving some input voltage and that's why bulb glowing )

If i plug the step down transformer input plug to v guard voltage stabilizer, will Maxine step down work fine in my home?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back