Help required...static coming from centre speaker

argurpreet321

Hi guys
I have a Denon 2113 avr. Been very satisfied with it. All of a sudden i have an issue of continuous static disturbance coming from my centre channel Kef speaker. This happens just after the avr switches on even with no audio signal in standby. Happens in almost all modes. Just not present in media player mode as maybe it uses only stereo.
I have switched speakers and the static shifted to other speaker. So i feel my centre speaker is fine and I think also eliminates a loose wire. Please correct me if I am wrong. Any suggestions on what could be wrong at the Avr end or what other issue it could be? I am very hesitant to take it to a service centre as I have heard a lot of horror stories. Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks

Could be plenty of things although appears to be a fault on the center channel amp -
first step to troubleshoot would be isolate the problem area
Disconnect all inputs and wires and just have a single speaker connected to the center channel (and of course the power)

If you still get static, you know the problem is with the AVR
next step would be to switch Inputs , preferably both analog/coax /toslink and hdmi
if you get static on all, the problem is in all likelihood on the amp board
If you get it on some/one, the switching/pre-amp board has an issue

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back