Help required to decide subwoofer

gilfredpaul

Hello everyone , need some suggestion to buy subwoofer for my HT setup. current setup AVR DENON 1912 & TANNOY V4 FS and my budget is max 35K. Based on my budget i selected velodyne impact 12" or Velodyne EQMax 10".

Dealer is suggesting me to go for impact series, he says EQMAX has only Autoeq & remote control advantage. I read some where in the forum, velodyne is good above impact seres.

Help me to decide my subwoofer.

Living room size 30*14 feet

Tv Viewing position from wall is 14 feet and speaker listening position 12feet.

yes baiju saw that post, might be amazon stop taking order now..let me have eye on that.

anyone having velodyne eqmax can share their review

pls check the SDS 10 ( MRP 40k ) or SDS 8 ( MRP 33k ) from Sunfire. Audio people from chennai are the reps. They may have a dealer in bangalore too. I liked the specs. The SDS 8 should be nice for music too. These can be operated wirelessly too ( optional ) that will give you placement and decor options.

Check the specs on the website.. Sunfire makes some nice subs.

rgds,
mpw

pls check the SDS 10 ( MRP 40k ) or SDS 8 ( MRP 33k ) from Sunfire. Audio people from chennai are the reps. They may have a dealer in bangalore too. I liked the specs. The SDS 8 should be nice for music too. These can be operated wirelessly too ( optional ) that will give you placement and decor options.

Check the specs on the website.. Sunfire makes some nice subs.

rgds,
mpw

Any idea about sunfire dealer in Bangalore, if I bargain can i get sds 10 for 35k.

pls send email to audiopeople from their website it.. most likely harish will get in touch with you.. thats the way i got info when i was searching for a good sub.

mpw

Ya i just picked my speakers from Profx yesterday, meet Sethu, very nice guy. I doubt that they have 660, i auditioned 550 and that is what i bought.

Two other subs you can target are Mordaunt Short Aviano 9, or German Maestro HD-W10, both are beautiful subs and in your range.

Thanks athek, yesterday audition few subs Polk dsw550, JBL ES 250pw, ELAC. From these three I feel Polk subs are good value for money. Jbl carry higher price rate and feel too boomy while playing music.

This week planning to audition velodyne impact 12 and eqmax 10

Make sure to audition German Maestro i really liked them, contact Ramesh: 9844404269.

Mordaunt short are with Audio Planet, Mr.Palani.

If you are ready to spend above 40K, you can consider SVS Subs

SB12-NSD
PC12-NSD
PB12-NSD

It is available from Audire (Coimbatore) and there is one dealer in Bangalore also.

Note: Friend of one forum member faced problem with amp of one SVS sub it he was working on getting it replaced or money refunded.

I am using a CVT to supply power to Sub. I recommend using a power conditioner before electronic equipment (especially for costly HT components)

Thanks to all the forum members for giving valuable information on subwoofers, they were really helpful.Finally i settled with velodyne EQMax 10". which sounds good and comes in my budget. yep i know the design is not so good compared to other sub. but that doesn't bother me a lot.

Special thanks to Kittu who replied to all my PM and was so helpful.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back