help required to decide the right speakers to buy

knp

Hi I am new to this forum and this is my first thread.

I am looking at replacing my current set of speakers as I am not too happy with the quality in terms of bass response and sound stage. My budget is around INR 35-40k+ a pair.

What I own-

Creek Evo CD player + Creek Evolution Int amp
Speakers = Acoustic Energy floor standing speakers ( 4 yer old)

I listen to soft rock/classical /jazz and popular music.

Pls. help me with your suggestions

thanks in advance
kn

I am looking at replacing my current set of speakers as I am not too happy with the quality in terms of bass response and sound stage. My budget is around INR 35-40k+ a pair.

What I own-

thanks in advance
kn

hi knp - welcome-

living in bangalore - and for your needs - all you need is to contact

ARN Systems [email protected]
Showroom @66/1 Coles Road, Fraser Town, Bangalore

they have the ushers, emerald physics and a fantastic range of amplifiers -

for you kind of music - one of the ushers might do it for you

regds suri

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

At that budget, you may need to decide on the choice between a good bookshelf versus a mid-range/budget floor stander.

The Ushers will show a difference from your current setup from the Xseries onwards will be in the 50-55k range but are a bookshelf (Although a hefty one).

The MS Aviano and the Martin Logan motion series bookshelves are also quite good. The other option is the PSB.

In the floorstanders, you could look at the Jamo concert 60 series or Monitor Audio. Other good options would be the Wharfedale 10 series or Paradigm Monitor or the KEF iq70.

I have put my thoughts in the following thread if you are interested. Its still incomplete http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/9097-noob-hunt-ht-speakers.html

What I own-

thanks in advance
kn

Welcome here.
By all means buy a good speaker. But before that try and browse the forum regarding SPEAKER PLACEMENTS and how it can impact the sound stage & bass response.
Rgds

On the topic of the Ushers alone - the V series will be in your budget range. We will have it in a week's time

thanks

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

At that budget, you may need to decide on the choice between a good bookshelf versus a mid-range/budget floor stander.

The Ushers will show a difference from your current setup from the Xseries onwards will be in the 50-55k range but are a bookshelf (Although a hefty one).

The MS Aviano and the Martin Logan motion series bookshelves are also quite good. The other option is the PSB.

In the floorstanders, you could look at the Jamo concert 60 series or Monitor Audio. Other good options would be the Wharfedale 10 series or Paradigm Monitor or the KEF iq70.

I have put my thoughts in the following thread if you are interested. Its still incomplete http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/9097-noob-hunt-ht-speakers.html

I have heard the Motion 4 and I think the Motion 12.

The Motion 4 tweeters are extremely sweet sounding and manage the high frequencies very well.When teemed with a sub they would sound lovely. I listened to them when they had been broken in for 80 hrs. The lower frequencies were good but nothing to shout about.

The Motion 12's were beyond my budget but hadnt been fully broken in when I heard it. I didnt like it very much esp. since it would be twice the Motion 4 (or more)

The Motion 4's were at 36k and did perform better than most in around the same budget.

Back