Help required to restore Sony MHC-RV8

stallionbal

Hi friends,
I recently found a Sony MHC-RV8 at my attic. And powered if on for first time after many years. The amp still looks solid and provides great sound.

However when i opened the amp i found the DVD tray belts and the cassetter player belt were all melted due to long storage time. The belt literally broke inot pieces when i touched it.

The tweeter were all toasted up. Somehow reconed the tweeter and its now sound more magical.

I would like to refurbish them and use them. Can you please suggest me any shops in chennai who can do that best to bring DVD and cassette back to life.

Hi

If it is the case of belts and few simple parts....you will get those....

since models have changed over the years....certain limited edition parts are not around and will cost a lot....

You may be better off looking at many such decks / systems being sold over OLX and getting something like this in place...

Since cassettes are not used much...suggest you use the system as a power source to connect an external CD / DVD player and enjoy playback

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back