Help required.!Want to buy a New led/lcd TV 40-42 inches.

malinap

Hello folks,

I am in search for new Led/lcd tv in 40/42 inches size.

I have seen sony,samsung and philips tvs yet but tis really confusing being a novoice to choose one.

I am considering sony 40EX520,Samsung UA40D5500 and Philips 42PFL6556 led tv, as I have checked only these three brands.

Would you guys please help me out in selection of best amongst these? or should I look at other compnies too?(like panasonic/toshiba etc.)

My basic requirements are,
-a good over all led/lcd tv with better motion flow as I watch sports and action sequences quite too much.
-better quality in terms of physical parts and good PQ.
-simplicity in terms of using,(ie. better connections to other devices(dvd/bdplayers,home theater system etc.) without much problems.)
-More latest on technology.
-Price is not an issue but 40/42 size is sufficient, dont want to exceed to bigger size.

Also, I am confused about the quality of Philips, else I have got a good deal for 42PFl6556 tv with HTS5561 home theater system, at 80k.
What say guys? SHould I consider the philip or its not upto mark with others manufactures like sony,samsungs and panasonic?

Hoping for some helpful replies.

Guys please provide some input.!

I am gettin confused more over due to spec sheets.

Philips claims motion rate 480 hz. against 100 of samsung and 50 of sony, which I guess will have better result in philips,(but the self estimated motion rate from brands are doubtfull. ):indifferent14:

also the philips have dynamic ratio of 8000000:1, as compared to megadynamic ratio(1000000:1) of samsung, while sony dont gives any such info.

Plus I dont have any idea, about what difference can the picture engine make? I.e. the Sony's x reality engine.

And I've heard that philips dont provide support to all formats,while samsung do.

And hence due to all this. Its gettin much more confusing.

Please help me sort the problem.

Which tv amogst this will be best and why? and if none is good, thn what other brands to go?

Please help me.!

Hi,

In terms of picture quality always Sony comes first then the others. I 2 days back, I purchased a 42" LCD from Panasonic which is quite a match for sony in terms of quality and features. My LCD model is Panasonic Viera L42U30D. Its a LCD TV and the performance is very good.

I also searched for an LCD quite some time before finalising on the Panasonic. I have shortlisted Sony 40" BX420, Samsung 40" D550. When I seen this Panasonic model I immediately purchased it. It costed me Rs. 44,500/-. For 42" LCD, that too from Panasonic its a good price to pay. Panasonic also giving away a Logitech Wireless Keyboard free with these LCDs. After using for 2 days I'm a very happy owner of Panasonic product. After purchase, within 1/2 hour, the panasonic guy has called me for a demo and came home. So, I think the service also will be as prompt.

So, If you haven't seen a panasonic, please go and see then buy. My only advice is go and demo various LCD/LEDs from various companies before getting one.

Feel free to contact. best of luck.

So, please go through all the models then finalising one.

thanks for the reply pal.
and hmm. I got to know that pana do make good tvs after watchin many recommandations around. I would surely go and visit the Panasonic before finalsing anything.
any other advice on plasma selection or smthin? or the led/lcds are good?

thanks for the reply pal.
and hmm. I got to know that pana do make good tvs after watchin many recommandations around. I would surely go and visit the Panasonic before finalsing anything.
any other advice on plasma selection or smthin? or the led/lcds are good?

Hi,

Plasma have some really distinct advantages over LED/LCD TVs, and you can find that by following some of the threads here.

With Panasonic Plasma, look for models with the Neo Plasma panels with Infinite black.

LED/LCDs have a tinge of artificial brightness which can be experienced when you view the same content side by side.

The best way is to demo and find out for yourself.

Good luck!

Pannags.

You can try AKAI 40 Inch LCD, its amazing and price is really a steal...

29k. At big bazzar. I have bought one. The quality is very good.

As said by co member always do an audition yourself, then decide. As you will know what suits your requirement.

NT

I heard that Philips is struggling with their TV production unit and is looking at (or already sold) selling it to some chinese company.
If You need PQ more than anything else, go for sony.
if its features like hdmi inputs, usb formats et al go for samsung.
go and demo the sets by yourself.
while PQ is highly subjective(it differs from a person to person) playing of USB formats, number of hdmi ports etc are quantitative.
when you go to the shop dont forget to take a pen drive with the variuos format videos.it would help you to see first hand.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back