• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Help solicited from Chennai FMs

AV Cables

reubensm

Dear Chennai FMs, I have finalized the deal on old decommissioned scrap NAD 3020 for parts. I need some parts from this scrap amplifier for a restoration job which I am currently performing on a good friend's 3020 (our FM from Delhi) and for some other forthcoming projects as well. The problem is that due to work commitments, I cannot travel to Chennai for perhaps the next 2 months. Do we have any FMs who reside near the Teynampet area and are willing to help with collecting and shipping it to me. I am willing to bear all the related costs. Thanks in advance.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.

elangoas

Dear Chennai FMs, I have finalized the deal on old decommissioned scrap NAD 3020 for parts. I need some parts from this scrap amplifier for a restoration job which I am currently performing on a good friend's 3020 (our FM from Delhi) and for some other forthcoming projects as well. The problem is that due to work commitments, I cannot travel to Chennai for perhaps the next 2 months. Do we have any FMs who reside near the Teynampet area and are willing to help with collecting and shipping it to me. I am willing to bear all the related costs. Thanks in advance.

We have a chennai FM group (on mobile), and as far as i am aware there isn't a FM who resides close to teynampet.. If you could ping me details of what to procure and from which place, i will check in our group if some FM work location is close by and if they can offer help and update you on the same..

Sorry, i couldn't be of help to you as i stay far away from chennai, nor is my work place close to Teynampet.. Else would have done it myself..

peace_sells

Hi Rueben. Let me know in case you're still looking for someone to collect and ship. I'm not that far off from Teynampet. I can go there during a weekend and do the needful.

reubensm

Dear all, my sincere thanks and appreciation for the wholehearted support and responses which I received. I would like to thank FMs elangoas, vstereo and peace_sells for their kind hearted offers and great advice.

My special thanks and heartfelt gratitude to FM Kannan who went out of his way to help, get the amp collected, packed and shipped, all in the very same day. I don't think such commitment and kindheartedness can be experienced outside of our forum. He was truly magnificent. I also had some great interactions with him. The moment I told him that the reason for sourcing this amp was for its parts, to restore a FM's 3020, he did not ask a second question. He also included a JVC amplifier chassis (cab) in the package for me to use for other amplifier projects. Fantastic experience. Now the ball is in my court, to restore our FM's 3020 the best of my ability and get it to sing like it did, many many years ago. The FMs 3020 is a rare early version, perhaps from the very first production series from NAD. Thanks to all again. Much appreciated.

reachkalyan.kr

Dear all, my sincere thanks and appreciation for the wholehearted support and responses which I received. I would like to thank FMs elangoas, vstereo and peace_sells for their kind hearted offers and great advice.

My special thanks and heartfelt gratitude to FM Kannan who went out of his way to help, get the amp collected, packed and shipped, all in the very same day. I don't think such commitment and kindheartedness can be experienced outside of our forum. He was truly magnificent. I also had some great interactions with him. The moment I told him that the reason for sourcing this amp was for its parts, to restore a FM's 3020, he did not ask a second question. He also included a JVC amplifier chassis (cab) in the package for me to use for other amplifier projects. Fantastic experience. Now the ball is in my court, to restore our FM's 3020 the best of my ability and get it to sing like it did, many many years ago. The FMs 3020 is a rare early version, perhaps from the very first production series from NAD. Thanks to all again. Much appreciated.

Sorry for Hijacking ur thread.
Personally I have come across double the dozens of ppl in hfv,
There are Genuine ppl in this group whom you can help/Trust.
Money is secondary for them.
Those ppl know what I meant here and whom i refering too.I believe this message will reach them;):cool:

PS : Finding out the genuine person is real difficult in this world unless otherwise you dealt with em,and few ppl in hfv are from such a demanding category to the core like fish market bargain .May be it is their profile and business.
ohh goodness forget to mention here that u were in safer hands btw.
Atb for your fixing job

Last edited: