Help - Sony 5.1 surround home theater no surround sounds

Uday Rao

Hi All

I am looking to replace my AVR which came with the home theater 2012 model ( 5.1 channel Sony HBD-DZ640K- 2013 model-, without optical/coaxial sockets but with the usual coloured RWY sockets and one HDMI-ARC , & this HDMI being used to connect to my LG Smart TV HDMI-ARC, the home theater gifted to me and have lost the manual), speakers are fine, but the AVR with DVD player being outdated- it has very few outlets, not suited to modern Smart TVs & having a problem getting sound through the surround speakers. The speakers I would like to retain. Not being a technical person& being over 73 years age,, but like music & movies very much, I don't want to replace the entire system. I have recently relocated to Pune, Maharashtra, & do not know much about this city, so if anyone could help me know whom I can approach in Pune to have my this problem ( when I connect as per TV manual, I get only the front L&R speakers & sub-woofers working, not the center and surround, quite confused now) solved, and even suggest me a suitable person or outlet would be grateful. If anyone can suggest me a suitable low- cost AVR to take a sub-woofer as well that would be welcome too. For your valuable replies-Thanks, regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back