Help to decide speaker system for Yamaha RX V479

machos

Guys,

I am planning to buy Yamaha Receiver RX-V 479 from the US and get speakers here. Can you please suggest 5.1 speaker systems in the price range of Rs 25K to 35K for me to audition (in Chennai)

Shortlisted below (in order of preference)

1. Wharfedale Moviestar 65+ Super
2. Boston acoustics Soundware XS
3. JBL Cinema 300
4. Boston acoustics Soundware S
5. JBL Cinema 500

I agree with the JBL Cinema 300 suggestion.
Also suggest Boston Acountics Soundware S from your list.
However suggest if you could consider Morel Primo 5.1 (60W continuous on satellites ) - available at 38K in Mumbai and you may need to extend your budget a bit. They sounded good with RXV 479 when i auditioned.

Thanks Blue_Yeti, vinothkumar for the suggestion, will priorities JBL 300 and add Morel Primo to the list.

JBL 300 has a nice subwoofer... So you dont need extra subwoofer. If you add more powered sub then you will lose the vocals and crispness from all other speakers.

vinothkumar - OK, im in the verge of finalizing JBL home cinema 300. In snap deal it retails around 29K. Do you recommend any store in Chennai, where I can get a better deal?

In Chennai, Grand mall in velacherry has JBl showroom. There they are selling JBL BD 300 which comes with amplified bluray player.. So just check with them whether they are giving alone the speakers or not. If not the same speaker set is available on Ebay.In around 20K.

Actually visited JBL store in grand mall, the person quoted 29K if paid by Credit card, and 28.5K if by Cash for JBL Home cinema 300.

Auditioned them (with Pioneer VSX 329), they were OKish.

Hey Sorry then..

Go for audition then I dont have any idea about this one. Better have a demo and then buy. So far I have had SCS140 only and It was good.

Visited a showroom in Chennai - person over there is suggesting to go for Sonodyne Sonus 1501 V3 BS for fronts and Sonodyne RoarR 210 subs.. any reviews/ suggestions please?

Could you help me choose one of the options

Option 1
Sonodyne Sonus 1501 V3 Pair
Sonodyne Sonus C2501
Sonodyne RoarR 210
Sonodyne Sonus 1501 V3 Pair

Option 2
Polk Audio TSX 110 Pair
Polk Audio TSX 150C
Polk Audio PSW 110
Polk Audio TSX 110 Pair

Option 3
Pioneer SP-BS22 AJ Pair
Pioneer SP-C22 AJ
Pioneer SW-8MK2
Pioneer SP-BS22 AJ Pair

Hi

Would suggest either Option 1 or Option 3....see which one appeals to you in appearance, dimensions (size) and ofcourse budget....most importantly trust your ears as you will be the one using them...so carry your kind of music to demo when you go for auditions...all the best....

I have paired my Yamaha avr 479 with jbl 300 cinema. Both music and movie experience is awesome. Jbl SCS 140 is much cheaper compared to cinema 300 and of course no where nearer to the thrilling sounds of 300. Jbl bd 300 is blue ray DVD cinema system which is a basic system and not for 479 receivers. I got jbl cinema 300 for 28 k on ebay, only to find that it is much cheaper in local Stores in Bangalore. Search in just dial and you may get it as cheap as 26 thousand. Other equally effective speaker systems
1. Wharfedale oviestar hcs 100 great system price: 29 to 35 k
2. Boston acoustics, sondware xs 5.1, good system with small speakers. Price 22 to 25 k

3 tannoy 5.1 fx series cost is about 35 to 40 k.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back