Help to get correct subwoofer

Anandlondhe

Please suggest good subwoofer either sealed or ported below 50k... I have selected jbl stage 120 a sub..... Room size 14x22..... Other details marantz sr 6015 avr... Jbl stage A190 pair tower jbl 135 c center and jbl stage 130 bookshelf..... This is my first home entertainment system and in living room, no dedicated theater room... Kindly suggest subwoofer sealed or ported? And budget below 50k

Please suggest good subwoofer either sealed or ported below 50k... I have selected jbl stage 120 a sub..... Room size 14x22..... Other details marantz sr 6015 avr... Jbl stage A190 pair tower jbl 135 c center and jbl stage 130 bookshelf..... This is my first home entertainment system and in living room, no dedicated theater room... Kindly suggest subwoofer sealed or ported? And budget below 50k
Hi,

For that size of room check Rythmik L12 or LV12F which is very tight bass & fast response. u need to increase ur budget ,
at ur budget subs like Polk HTS12 or BIC PL200Ii is what i feel good.

What do you think about jbl stage 120p subwoofer?
The Stage 120p is good if you listen to music, but not enough to enjoy movies. Under 50k you have lots of options. I myself bought the Pl 200 II a couple of weeks back , which is now available on Hifimart as well. Sounds really good and for your dimensions it will be really good.

I too have the JBL stage collection for my home theater . Wanted to get the stage subwoofer so that it would finish up being a nice collection from the same brand, but I went through a lot of threads on subwoofer requirements especially in my case, subs that go fairly low enough for movies. So far I'm impressed with the way it handles for bothering music and movies.

The Stage 120p is good if you listen to music, but not enough to enjoy movies. Under 50k you have lots of options. I myself bought the Pl 200 II a couple of weeks back , which is now available on Hifimart as well. Sounds really good and for your dimensions it will be really good.

I too have the JBL stage collection for my home theater . Wanted to get the stage subwoofer so that it would finish up being a nice collection from the same brand, but I went through a lot of threads on subwoofer requirements especially in my case, subs that go fairly low enough for movies. So far I'm impressed with the way it handles for bothering music and movies.
Pl 200ii how much low frequency it can get?

Pl 200ii how much low frequency it can get?
BIC's listed low frequency is at 21hz. But it all depends on the sub's placement and room acoustics.

My room is actually quite smaller than the dimensions of yours, and I feel that this is overkill for my room but glad I made the decision. The bass is really tight and not boomy as most other subs at the sub 30 ~35 k range.

BIC's listed low frequency is at 21hz. But it all depends on the sub's placement and room acoustics.

My room is actually quite smaller than the dimensions of yours, and I feel that this is overkill for my room but glad I made the decision. The bass is really tight and not boomy as most other subs at the sub 30 ~35 k range.
From where you got it for 30-35 k? Details of dealer

Low frequency extension is achieved at the expense of transient response, clarity and Max spl capability.
So the JBL 120p is a great option!!
As they aren't achieving low frequency extension at the expense of SPL.
Look no further.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back