Help trying to find External WiFi Receiver With 4 Ethernet Port? ?

shakthi900

Hai, I have D-Link(Model. No DSL-2750U) Wifi modem in my house. I am looking for an external Wireless Receiver with an 4Ethernet port. This way I can hook my Panasonic Led Tv(TH-L32D25D), Tata Sky Hd, and Sony Blu-Ray(bdp_S1100) and i also plan to buy Yamaha AV475.
So Pls kindly suggest good wifi recived with ethernet port. I do not like wired port. Thanks

What you need is a wifi bridge. DLink DAP 1522 is a off the shelf wifi bridge cum access point (switchable). I have it and it works great supportring both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands (only one at a time).

However there may be a cheaper option to buy a normal router that supports DD-WRT custom firmware and then use it as a wifi bridge after flasing with custom firmware

What you need is a wifi bridge.
this can also be done by a repeater / wi-fi range extender.
including a repeater in network will reduce the wireless bandwidth to half, eg if your wifi is 300mbps, including repeater in network will being the network to 150mbps.

but it seems there aren't many "pure" Wireless bridge available in market.

Last edited:
Hai thanks to haisaikant and netant. i need "pure" Wireless bridge only
pls give me some model d-link or any other company avalable in india
thanks lot

However there may be a cheaper option to buy a normal router that supports DD-WRT custom firmware and then use it as a wifi bridge after flasing with custom firmware

I had the same issue. I have tried doing it and scr***d my Asus Router - after following all instructions. Won't suggest this.

I had the same issue. I have tried doing it and scr***d my Asus Router - after following all instructions. Won't suggest this.

Flashin with custom firmware is to be done with caution for sure, where hardware version to patch version matching is essential.

Hai thanks to haisaikant and netant. i need "pure" Wireless bridge only
pls give me some model d-link or any other company avalable in india
thanks lot

They are costly, what is your budget?

This is an ethernet one
Cisco Linksys RE1000 Wireless-N Range Extender/Bridge Router - Cisco Linksys: Flipkart.com

This is a gigabit one
Asus EA-N66 Dual-Band Wireless-N900 Gigabit 3-in-1 AP/Wi-Fi Bridge/Ra - Asus: Flipkart.com

Here is the one I have
D-Link DAP-1522 Extreme 4-Port Gigabit Dual-Band Wireless-N Bridge/Access -YEM | eBay but the price is inflated and will be cheaper if imported

have you tried to connect and external drive to DAP-1522 ? im also planing to upgrade my network.
actually im waiting for gigabit wireless 802.11ad to be released soon.

one more cheap option could be TP-LINK 150 N wireless Access Point WLAN WIFI Hotspot Client Repeater WDS Bridge | eBay
but need to get a switch with it, as has only 1 Lan Out.

DAP-1522 does not have USB. But I think going with the TP-Link model you gave with a TP-Link Switch will be more VFM as it will be still around 1000 cheaper than the ones I gave

A few weeks back I bought a Netis router/repeater with 300mbps speed over WiFi and 4 lan ports. It is priced @ rs. 1400. It is very simple to set up as repeater and it is giving me about 25mbps throughput over 40 feet. It is not in the same league as Belkin in wifi range but It is working very nicely so far for me. This can be used as a router/repeater/ap etc while Belkin can be used only as a repeater.

can you share the link please, have you tried using airplay / DLNA using it .. how is the file transfer speed ?

I am just using it as a repeater and a switch. I don't know how to and have no use of dlna/airplay. It is giving me 3.5MB to 5 MB over 40 feet distance whereas my Belkin repeater gave me about 5MB per second.
Netis WF2419 - Netis: Flipkart.com

wow that a good speed over wireless if you receiving 3+ MB/s, DNLA might not be possible for movies but airplay - music .. without any hiccups.

I think there will not be problems for movies up to a size of 4-5 GB or even 7-8 GB. I will test and report on Sunday on my other thread regarding this repeater.

great, please try stream some 1080p movie, subscribed to that thread :)

also, @shakthi900
please see this :- TP-LINK TL-WR841N 300Mbps : Flipkart.com
supports dd-wrt which can do wonders!

Last edited:
As I mentioned in my earlier thread due to frequent hardware revisions on this model, I found it confusing to flash dd-wrt firmware and I decided not to risk it.
Netis has a built in repeater mode and very easy to setup. Whether it could match up to tp-link in speed and WiFi range is something to find out about?
nah...
i think most of the router in a segment is more or less same.
majority of setting can be accessed via telnet in any router but dd-wrt just bring those setting to customizable ( can say overclocking) level via GUI and chances of bricking the router is rare.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back