• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Help : unable to connect Sony bdp to nad amp

Kumar442244

Hello fellow members,

Trying to connect Sony bdp to nad amp using Amazon basics 1 make to 2 male RCA interconnect cable but with no success. Amp is nad c326bee and the bdp is Sony s1500.
Bdp has only 2 output i.e. coaxial and HDMI. Have tried all input source combination but failed.
Does it need a dac to play?
Kindly advise.

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

SPONSORED ADS

Kumar442244

Ohk...m any way planning to buy a decent dac next month. Any solution till then?
Which cable should I use to connect in this case?
I tried connecting this to my marantz receiver using same cable but with no success.
Suggestions..?

jls001

Staff member
Bdp has only 2 output i.e. coaxial and HDMI. Have tried all input source combination but failed.
Does it need a dac to play?
A single coaxial output from RCA socket means that the output is a digital SPDIF signal. You do need a DAC with coax input to decode the digital signal to analog before feeding it to your NAD amp.

tuff

Ohk...m any way planning to buy a decent dac next month. Any solution till then?
Which cable should I use to connect in this case?
I tried connecting this to my marantz receiver using same cable but with no success.
Suggestions..?
You need a digital coax cable to connect to the marantz. A dac for the nad.

Kumar442244

Great.. thx a ton.
Have this in my wad of wires.
Will try this and post feedback.
Which dac wud u suggest at 10-15k budget?

MaSh

Ohh wait. You are trying to connect a Digital Coax to Analogue RCA. That's not going to work. What you need is a simple Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC).

If you need a quick, cheap and a reliable solution, get Fiio D03K.

MaSh

sanjivnayak

Hi. Kumar. Your Marantz NR1607 can play high resolution audio formats thro USB. If you are trying to use BDP-S1500, you will be disappointed. If you have audio CDs then rip it and play in Marantz. Purchasing a cheap DAC will be again a wasteful expenditure and you can't sell it. BDP-S1500 is good for Blueray/DVD.

SPONSORED ADS
SPONSORED ADS