Help with Atmos speakers in concrete ceiling

Love4sound

How is the Sonus 3540 performance? I have denon 2400 and using Dali zensor 3, zensor vokal nd zensor 1. I want to install some good speakers in my concrete ceiling for atmos. Please suggest me some models along with installation guide for concrete ceiling

How is the Sonus 3540 performance? I have denon 2400 and using Dali zensor 3, zensor vokal nd zensor 1. I want to install some good speakers in my concrete ceiling for atmos. Please suggest me some models along with installation guide for concrete ceiling

I will tag ppl who own the Sonodyne 3540 as heights.. @RajithKumar , @sriram_shol .. Hope they reply here..

Mounting a BS speaker to ceiling, will demand speakers with thread hole mount and compatible ceiling brackets..

mountingpoint1.gif

41NHnasuAiL._SX425_.jpg

Don't know your budget.. On the inexpensive side is Polk OWM3.. They have this provision, so easier to mount..

Hi @Love4sound, I am using SONUS 3540 as heights for my Atmos setup. It sounds great and I get 85% Atmos experience from mine (You get 100% realistic effect in the ceiling mount). SONUS 3540 has a sensitivity level of 85 dB & impedance is 8 Ohms, but as yours is 2400 receiver, it will drive 3540 effortlessly. It has a key hole slot and I wall mounted using the same. It comes with wall mount bracket installable from the sides.

I am not sure about the Sonodyne showroom in Chennai for audition but Polk OWM3, you could go to ProFX.

@RajithKumar - Please share your experience from your installation

Last edited:
I will tag ppl who own the Sonodyne 3540 as heights.. @RajithKumar , @sriram_shol .. Hope they reply here..

Mounting a BS speaker to ceiling, will demand speakers with thread hole mount and compatible ceiling brackets..

mountingpoint1.gif

41NHnasuAiL._SX425_.jpg

Don't know your budget.. On the inexpensive side is Polk OWM3.. They have this provision, so easier to mount..
Thanks a lot for your suggestions

Hi @Love4sound, I am using SONUS 3540 as heights for my Atmos setup. It sounds great and I get 85% Atmos experience from mine (You get 100% realistic effect in the ceiling mount). SONUS 3540 has a sensitivity level of 85 dB & impedance is 8 Ohms, but as yours is 2400 receiver, it will drive 3540 effortlessly. It has a key hole slot and I wall mounted using the same. It comes with wall mount bracket installable from the sides.

I am not sure about the Sonodyne showroom in Chennai for audition but Polk OWM3, you could go to ProFX.

Thank you so much. This gives me some confidence in getting the Sonus. Have you heard Polk owm3. If you have which one is better?. And what is the cost of both the speakers

Last edited:
Thank you so much. This gives me some confidence in getting the Sonus. Have you heard Polk owm3. If you have which one is better?. And what is the cost of both the speakers

I have not heard OWM3 before in person. I bought the SONUS from the forum member a year back. I am happy with it. I guess the new SONUS pair costs Rs 14,000/-

I have not heard OWM3 before in person. I bought the SONUS from the forum member a year back. I am happy with it. I guess the new SONUS pair costs Rs 14,000/-

Ok price wise very much economical. May I know your complete set up?

Thank you so much I might end up getting the Sonus

I would still recommend you to see and hear Polk OWM3 in ProFX and take a fair decision after a side by side comparison on basic parameters like better sensitivity, better impedance, watts, mounting options, price over the other.

Last edited:
I have installed polk owm 3 at ceiling in my house. I love their presentation. I have them for rear heights and top middle. Never heard of sonus so can't comment.

I have installed polk owm 3 at ceiling in my house. I love their presentation. I have them for rear heights and top middle. Never heard of sonus so can't comment.
Ok thanks for the response. Have u installed them on concrete ceiling? If so how? And also can you post images if u don’t mind just to get an idea

Yes on concrete cieling only. There are speaker mounts available for owm 3. Google for perlesmith speaker mount in amazon.com. I use similar ones.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back