Help with AV rack custom build and Cable managment

Love4sound

Dear Fm's

I am located in chennai and can i get any leads to build a custom AV rack as per my requirements. Please refer the two images of my current rack. It is almost perfect for me but falls short on the width required. Current rack dimensions are width 2.5 ft, Height 1.6 ft and depth of 1.4 ft. I am looking at similar rack with wheels but with a width of 3 feet that can hold 50-60 kg's as i want to place the vertex stabilizer inside the rack as well. Also Cabling is a mess. Each time i try to make it better it actually gets worse due to the fact they are all 1.5 - 2m long and placed very close to each other. Kindly advise.

Attachments

• InkedAV_LI.jpg
    InkedAV_LI.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 212
  • AV.jpeg
    AV.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 205
Dear Fm's

I am located in chennai and can i get any leads to build a custom AV rack as per my requirements. Please refer the two images of my current rack. It is almost perfect for me but falls short on the width required. Current rack dimensions are width 2.5 ft, Height 1.6 ft and depth of 1.4 ft. I am looking at similar rack with wheels but with a width of 3 feet that can hold 50-60 kg's as i want to place the vertex stabilizer inside the rack as well. Also Cabling is a mess. Each time i try to make it better it actually gets worse due to the fact they are all 1.5 - 2m long and placed very close to each other. Kindly advise.

Hi Navin,
For my Rack, I got it done with the Hardware guys who deal in sliding windows/ locks.
It is a simple rack with specific measurements and all sides open for ventilation.
Each shelf can take upto 50 kgs.
Get it coated with anti-rust and matte black spray paint. I asked him to put heavy duty wheels for easy cleaning around the rack and to move easily for connections behind.(Audiophiles may not agree with this) Ask them to weld the shelves properly so there are no gaps between the frame and shelves since it would look bad with dust accumulating in the gaps.
For cabling, you can get cable ties or other contraptions are available on Amazon.
Only issue is if you are planning to put the Vertex inside the rack then the height would increase a lot and would cover your TV unless you are planning to make a horizontal rack.

See if you can get this. Would be a very nice rack.

Hi Navin,
For my Rack, I got it done with the Hardware guys who deal in sliding windows/ locks.
It is a simple rack with specific measurements and all sides open for ventilation.
Each shelf can take upto 50 kgs.
Get it coated with anti-rust and matte black spray paint. I asked him to put heavy duty wheels for easy cleaning around the rack and to move easily for connections behind.(Audiophiles may not agree with this) Ask them to weld the shelves properly so there are no gaps between the frame and shelves since it would look bad with dust accumulating in the gaps.
For cabling, you can get cable ties or other contraptions are available on Amazon.
Only issue is if you are planning to put the Vertex inside the rack then the height would increase a lot and would cover your TV unless you are planning to make a horizontal rack.
Hey Nitin

Thanks and I am well aware about your rack but didn’t check with you cause it has less width but tall. Looking for similar rack I am using but with width 3 feet. Horizontal Will be perfect for me and I can just put the vertex and save space for a dual in the future as well. I also unplug all and clean once in two weeks so will be easy to move all in one. Vertex is very heavy

See if you can get this. Would be a very nice rack.

Thanks but I think this will be more then 3feet and no wheels. So moving will be difficult :(

Hey Nitin

Thanks and I am well aware about your rack but didn’t check with you cause it has less width but tall. Looking for similar rack I am using but with width 3 feet. Horizontal Will be perfect for me and I can just put the vertex and save space for a dual in the future as well. I also unplug all and clean once in two weeks so will be easy to move all in one. Vertex is very heavy

Hi Navin,

The width and height can be customised as I have done. You can have either wooden or metal shelves depending on the complexity and workmanship of the person making it either a carpenter or hardware person.
Wheels in your case for the Vertex is a must if placed on a rack.
Pls don't use the computer chair wheels for the rack since they break easily. You get wheels on Amazon too approx 3 or 4 inches used for audio racks or generic use.
For me wheels are a big relief as I can move the rack very easily for cleaning or cabling purpose.

Hi Navin,

The width and height can be customised as I have done. You can have either wooden or metal shelves depending on the complexity and workmanship of the person making it either a carpenter or hardware person.
Wheels in your case for the Vertex is a must if placed on a rack.
Pls don't use the computer chair wheels for the rack since they break easily. You get wheels on Amazon too approx 3 or 4 inches used for audio racks or generic use.
For me wheels are a big relief as I can move the rack very easily for cleaning or cabling purpose.
Thanks Nitin will check it out

It looks like you have enough space since you want to have the stabilizer inside the rack. Wheels can always be attached.
I believe this rack will be very good.
You could also try furniture glides below the feet of your rack instead of wheels.
Search "furniture glides" on Amazon, etc

It looks like you have enough space since you want to have the stabilizer inside the rack. Wheels can always be attached.
You could also try furniture glides below the feet of your rack instead of wheels.
Sure will check it out

I use the "furniture glides" for my rack and speakers and it makes things much easier to move around at times when a clean up is required or adding/removing equipment/cables etc.

I use the "furniture glides" for my rack and speakers and it makes things much easier to move around at times when a clean up is required or adding/removing equipment/cables etc.
Ok what rack do u use? May be a pic will be helpful

Ok what rack do u use? May be a pic will be helpful

Sorry dont have a picture at the moment but its a simple wooden cabinet with three glass shelves, open front and back. It was made by a local carpenter with dimensions provided by me. Its not exactly "audiophile" but its does the job for now.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back