Help with connection

vigneshiyer

Hi Guys,

Not sure if i am posting in the right forum. I have a stereo Amplifier (Astonia SC 300) which accepts 2 inputs. As of now i have a sony blu ray player and tata sky hd as an input. My questions:
1. How should i connect the BRP and STB.
a. Connect the BRP and STb to TV via HDMI and then connect the amp from TV as AUX.
b. Connect the BRP and STB to TV via HDMI and individually connect the source to Amp

Also the amp has only two input and wish to connect a few more devices to it (Phone and Radio). How do i connect the multiple systems. Are there any switch available. Which one is recommended.

Hopefully i was able to explain my situation. Do let me know if you have any queries.

Attached is the image of the Amp (Back)
HTRMI2CP9WCOGCTX_4218208_-1x-1.jpg

Thanks in advance.
Vignesh

1.connect from TV RCA out into your amp...or from 3.5mm female to 2 RCA...which do your tv have..
you dont need both input of amp..any one..
so u can use another input from radio/phone

now connct from br player hdmi out into tv hdmi 1...

from stb hdmi into tv hdmi 2...

now set up audio out and tv speaker off etc by tv remote..

another option...

br player hdmi to tv hdmi..that same as before..

stb rca to amp another rca..atb hdmi to tv hdmi...ts hd sends hdmi and rca singnals simultaneously..wont be any issue..

Last edited:
that may depend on models...try it.you mean quality right?
btw from br player i think it is(via tv ) the only option....as i have doubt br player will send signals via hdmi and rca simultenously....if sends..then via tv is not needed..

The best option would be to go for a passive preamp with switchable inputs if you are keen about quality switching. As Shivam mentioned, there are many options available from extremely low end to very high end stuff. If you plan to use Phono, you'd need to use a dedicated phonostage in addition to the passive preamp.

Experiment and its results:
1. STB connected to TV via HDMI. TV connected to Amp via 2 RCA to 2 RCA Cable
Results: To get good output had to turm the Volume on the amp @ 100 degrees

2. STB connected to TV via HDMI. STB connected to Amo via 2 RCA to 2 RCA Cable.
Results: Forgot to turn down the volume... My neighbours by now would have realised that i got a sound system. Had to bring down the volume to 10 or 20 degrees. I was blown away. I took a bow to my system once...

That brings me to my question again... I now need a good quality switch (in Budget)
Already spent 14 on speakers and wires this month.

Last edited:
Also what is the difference between 2 RCA to 2 RCA cable and Co axial cable. Is one preferred over the other?

My Sony BR player has got both Audio output which one should i use?

see,the case is
in your br player...i dont know will it send data simultaneously..via hdmi and RCA..
if it does..you are cool..
if no...then via tv is the only option..

and do you have 'coax in' in your amp..if no..you dont need coax..RCA is the only option

Guys what will be VFM option to increase the number of inputs (like a switch)
I already have added one more option and running short of inputs on My Amp.
Got a 3.5 to RCA cable to connect my MP3 player / Mobile (2 play Online Radio)

Dont want to spend much on this... so open for cheaper option

Guys what will be VFM option to increase the number of inputs (like a switch)
I already have added one more option and running short of inputs on My Amp.
Got a 3.5 to RCA cable to connect my MP3 player / Mobile (2 play Online Radio)

Dont want to spend much on this... so open for cheaper option

I am using 4-to-1 RadioShack A/V switch (from US ) to connnect everything to Norge 2060 amp. This is having 4 RCA A/V inputs and 1 RCA Out.
I think you can look for similar switches in SP Road.

Anything that i can buy online in India...
I have seen the plastic ones available on ebay but not sure about the Quality... anyone had any experience with such switches?

Back