Here is my 5.1 HT Setup

SanthoshMD

Finally, my Home Theater 5.1 setup is complete. I am happy about the setup. Though I am not an audiophile, I still wanted to have a decent HT setup. After researching for the best speakers+Receiver. I have the below setup. I would like to thank the forum members for helping me in one way or the other in deciding the HT setup

1. Speakers : DALI Zensor 7 FloorStanders
2. Center : DALI Vokal
3. Surrounds : NHT SuperZero 2.1 Speakers
4. Subwoofer : BIC America F12
5. Receiver : Denon X2300

Here is my honest review.I am not biased towards anyone or any brand.

First, let me talk about the receiver. Previously I had Denon 1312xp HTIB. It was really good for the price point. I never had any problems for 3.5 years. Then the upgrade bug started hitting my head and I wanted to go for nothing but Denon as I really like their sound signature w.r.t. movies. I wanted to go for x3300, but it was costly and it was an overkill for my home usage. Hence settled with Denon X2300. I started liking this receiver now. It has more power/channel than my old denon and I can play FLAC files easily. It has support for DTS X and Dolby Atmos, Wifi + Bluetooth and these were the main criteria for purchasing the receiver.

Ran the Audessy setup for the first time and it was very easy. I can make out a difference in sound after the Audessy setup.

Now comes the separate Speakers. What can I say about DALI. As the name says Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries. They create speakers for Audiophiles and most now I know why most forum members are happy with DALL. I am very very happy with Dali Zensor 7. I can hear each and every instrument in the sound track and it is very crisp. These are very good for music and movies as well. The Z7 has enough power to through decent bass and Z7 goes till 40HZ. Offcourse for movies, you will definately need a subwoofer to get that extra punch to your heart.

Next comes the DALI Vokal speakers. I was blown away by this center speaker. What a clarity when watching movies. You can hear the dialogs very clearly, it feels like as if you are sitting in a big theater and hearing the dialogs.

Surrounds + Subwoofer : Initially I had bought only the fronts and center + Receiver. Thought of purchasing the surrounds speakers + sub later. Couldn't wait long as I had completely stopped watching movies+Tvshows due to the non-availability of sub and surrounds :). Again Researched for 2 weeks for surrounds and subwoofer in Bangalore. Went to few dealers auditioned JBL ES 240 I believe (12 inch). I was not at all happy with JBL subwoofer. I don't know the reason, there was no punch and distortion was present. Then went to ProFX auditioned for Polk DSW 660i. It was a decent sub. Thought of purchasing it as I didn't had any other options to audition. Thought I liked the SVS PB it was little on the higher side and no audition was available in HT Store. In the mean time I had my favourite subwoofer BIC F12 in mind but there was no place to audition in Bangalore. I started searching in this forum and luckily I got the contact no. in one of the old there here in this forum. Contacted him and his name was Santhosh as well from Prosonics and he had BIC F12 for audition. Went for audition and I was again blown away by this subwoofer. What a subwoofer !! This was the punch I was looking for in movies all these days. The punch is amazing and there is no boominess/muddy feeling at all when you setup and place properly. The sub creates a theatre kind of environment.

I was happy with the sub and purchased it. At the same time, he casually asked me whether I was looking for surrounds. I told yes and he said he had NHT Superzero speakers. The price was on the higher side for surrounds. Initially, I was not interested due to the price factor as investing more money on surrounds was not my intention. He told me to audition the surrounds as well. When I auditioned I immediately came to know why the speakers are on the higher side. What a speaker. Though I had never heard the company name before, later he told that NHT is a Very good brand in the US and it is true. They make some high-end speakers. I couldn't resist and immediately negotiated and purchased the NHT as well.

The surrounds speakers are well built and the gloss finishing is nice. It is made of wood. The size of speakers are small (mini bookshelf) but the sound it produces is amazing

The surrounds are very powerful and I can hear the surround sound clearly with zero distortion. With my earlier HITB surrounds, I used to go near the speakers to check whether the surround sound is coming properly or not. This is the difference a quality speaker can make.

Completed the 5.1 setup. I am highly satisfied with my setup. I would request new people who is interested to purchase a HTIB to go for separates instead of HTIB even it takes more time and money. Because at the end it is worth every penny and time.

If anyone is looking to audition BIc F12 Subwoofer, Rythmic Subwoofer and NHT surrounds in Bangalore, you can contact - ProSonics - Santhosh 9341112580

Here are some snaps of my setup :licklips::yahoo:

Attachments

• IMG_20170227_094430.jpg
    IMG_20170227_094430.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_20170312_171601.jpg
    IMG_20170312_171601.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_20170312_171641.jpg
    IMG_20170312_171641.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 313
Looks wonderful!! I'm also planning to setup a 5.1 soon... Gonna consider the speakers model for audition at my location.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your purchase. Great combo, and great setup.
Few thoughts -
Isnt the bed blocking the FL channel partially, or is it the angle of the photo which is confusing me?
Do not put the center channel on top of the receiver as you are blocking the ventilation.
Is there a stabilizer/surge protector added?

Congrats SanthoshMD.

May be some forum members would like to know about your purchase prices. I have my own interest in Bic America F-12.

Some questions - Does ProSonics (Santhosh 9341112580) deal with customers from other city too. What are the deals with F-12 and Denon X2300.

It would be a nice help if you share all these too.

Thanks

Congratulations on your purchase. Great combo, and great setup.
Few thoughts -
Isnt the bed blocking the FL channel partially, or is it the angle of the photo which is confusing me?
Do not put the center channel on top of the receiver as you are blocking the ventilation.
Is there a stabilizer/surge protector added?

Yes, you are right, The bed is blocking a little. But I can't do anythting for now. Once when I move to a different place there won't be anything to block.

Regarding the center channel, I have kept it in such a way that the top ventialtion of the receiver is visible and even the side of the receiver has ventillation. I think that should be ok for now.Thanks for the heads up anyways.

We have an inverter for the complete house. So stablizer is not necessary I believe

Congrats SanthoshMD.

May be some forum members would like to know about your purchase prices. I have my own interest in Bic America F-12.

Some questions - Does ProSonics (Santhosh 9341112580) deal with customers from other city too. What are the deals with F-12 and Denon X2300.

It would be a nice help if you share all these too.

Thanks

Yes, you can contact him for more info about other cities.

Here are the prices for the HT setup

Denon X2300 : 47k without Bill
Zensor Z7 + Vokal : 72k
NHT surrounds : 28k
BIC Sub F12 : 36k

Last edited:
That's a fantastic setup, with Choicest of components.

That bed is committing a major crime, although.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Congrats Santosh, Nice setup. nice review on all speakers. Please avoid placing center speaker on receiver that will result overheating.
Bic F12 is an awesome sub adds great impact to powerful sound in home audio setup. I too have NHT pair, they are one of the best for music and surrounds as they create wide sound-stage which makes 7.1 back surround speakers unnecessary.
Prosonics Bangalore and Avenusound Mumbai ship to other cities as well.

Last edited:
We have an inverter for the complete house. So stablizer is not necessary I believe

Congrats on your new setup:clapping:.I also placed order for the same Z7 and vokal with z1s for surround... waiting for it. Still confused about s/w..

Just a word of caution..
Based on reading on the forum and elsewhere also - it seems running avr on an inverter is not good for the avr especially if it is not a pure sinewave UPS. Most inverter are those pseudo/quasi sine wave or square wave. I have seen stickers in shops saying running avr on ups/inverter voids the warranty. I guess you'll be safer with raw power with a good surge protector, with stabilizer if there are fluctuations.

Just my 2 cents..

Congratulations Santhosh on an amazing setup. May u savor the sound from these beauties for long.

Could you please help us know how BIC sub is for music?

As i understand from your feedback that its superb for movies, plz share your experience from this sub for music.

Congrats on your new setup:clapping:.I also placed order for the same Z7 and vokal with z1s for surround... waiting for it. Still confused about s/w..

Just a word of caution..
Based on reading on the forum and elsewhere also - it seems running avr on an inverter is not good for the avr especially if it is not a pure sinewave UPS. Most inverter are those pseudo/quasi sine wave or square wave. I have seen stickers in shops saying running avr on ups/inverter voids the warranty. I guess you'll be safer with raw power with a good surge protector, with stabilizer if there are fluctuations.

Just my 2 cents..

The inverter which we have is pure sine wave and I was running my older denon without any problem. I know about the benefits of
pure sine wave when it comes to electronic components. Thanks !!

Congratulations Santhosh on an amazing setup. May u savor the sound from these beauties for long.

Could you please help us know how BIC sub is for music?

As i understand from your feedback that its superb for movies, plz share your experience from this sub for music.

I haven't heard any other subs for music, but even for music it is a good sub. You need to play around with the avr settings a bit to get the best for music. Again when you want to watch a movie after listening to music, you might need to lower the bass for movies, as movies makes the sub to go even lower than music. So you need to reduce the bass a little for movies otherwise it becomes little boomy if you play with the same music settings. Music needs an increase in the bass gain.

Congrats for the new setup and thanks for review.
In my option it is better to have your A/V connected to stabilizer as a basic precaution. Please go through some relevant threads here.

Finally, my Home Theater 5.1 setup is complete. I am happy about the setup. Though I am not an audiophile, I still wanted to have a decent HT setup. After researching for the best speakers+Receiver. I have the below setup. I would like to thank the forum members for helping me in one way or the other in deciding the HT setup

1. Speakers : DALI Zensor 7 FloorStanders
2. Center : DALI Vokal
3. Surrounds : NHT SuperZero 2.1 Speakers
4. Subwoofer : BIC America F12
5. Receiver : Denon X2300

Here is my honest review.I am not biased towards anyone or any brand.

First, let me talk about the receiver. Previously I had Denon 1312xp HTIB. It was really good for the price point. I never had any problems for 3.5 years. Then the upgrade bug started hitting my head and I wanted to go for nothing but Denon as I really like their sound signature w.r.t. movies. I wanted to go for x3300, but it was costly and it was an overkill for my home usage. Hence settled with Denon X2300. I started liking this receiver now. It has more power/channel than my old denon and I can play FLAC files easily. It has support for DTS X and Dolby Atmos, Wifi + Bluetooth and these were the main criteria for purchasing the receiver.

Ran the Audessy setup for the first time and it was very easy. I can make out a difference in sound after the Audessy setup.

Now comes the separate Speakers. What can I say about DALI. As the name says Danish Audiophile Loudspeaker Industries. They create speakers for Audiophiles and most now I know why most forum members are happy with DALL. I am very very happy with Dali Zensor 7. I can hear each and every instrument in the sound track and it is very crisp. These are very good for music and movies as well. The Z7 has enough power to through decent bass and Z7 goes till 40HZ. Offcourse for movies, you will definately need a subwoofer to get that extra punch to your heart.

Next comes the DALI Vokal speakers. I was blown away by this center speaker. What a clarity when watching movies. You can hear the dialogs very clearly, it feels like as if you are sitting in a big theater and hearing the dialogs.

Surrounds + Subwoofer : Initially I had bought only the fronts and center + Receiver. Thought of purchasing the surrounds speakers + sub later. Couldn't wait long as I had completely stopped watching movies+Tvshows due to the non-availability of sub and surrounds :). Again Researched for 2 weeks for surrounds and subwoofer in Bangalore. Went to few dealers auditioned JBL ES 240 I believe (12 inch). I was not at all happy with JBL subwoofer. I don't know the reason, there was no punch and distortion was present. Then went to ProFX auditioned for Polk DSW 660i. It was a decent sub. Thought of purchasing it as I didn't had any other options to audition. Thought I liked the SVS PB it was little on the higher side and no audition was available in HT Store. In the mean time I had my favourite subwoofer BIC F12 in mind but there was no place to audition in Bangalore. I started searching in this forum and luckily I got the contact no. in one of the old there here in this forum. Contacted him and his name was Santhosh as well from Prosonics and he had BIC F12 for audition. Went for audition and I was again blown away by this subwoofer. What a subwoofer !! This was the punch I was looking for in movies all these days. The punch is amazing and there is no boominess/muddy feeling at all when you setup and place properly. The sub creates a theatre kind of environment.

I was happy with the sub and purchased it. At the same time, he casually asked me whether I was looking for surrounds. I told yes and he said he had NHT Superzero speakers. The price was on the higher side for surrounds. Initially, I was not interested due to the price factor as investing more money on surrounds was not my intention. He told me to audition the surrounds as well. When I auditioned I immediately came to know why the speakers are on the higher side. What a speaker. Though I had never heard the company name before, later he told that NHT is a Very good brand in the US and it is true. They make some high-end speakers. I couldn't resist and immediately negotiated and purchased the NHT as well.

The surrounds speakers are well built and the gloss finishing is nice. It is made of wood. The size of speakers are small (mini bookshelf) but the sound it produces is amazing

The surrounds are very powerful and I can hear the surround sound clearly with zero distortion. With my earlier HITB surrounds, I used to go near the speakers to check whether the surround sound is coming properly or not. This is the difference a quality speaker can make.

Completed the 5.1 setup. I am highly satisfied with my setup. I would request new people who is interested to purchase a HTIB to go for separates instead of HTIB even it takes more time and money. Because at the end it is worth every penny and time.

If anyone is looking to audition BIc F12 Subwoofer, Rythmic Subwoofer and NHT surrounds in Bangalore, you can contact - ProSonics - Santhosh 9341112580

Here are some snaps of my setup :licklips::yahoo:

Congrates Chief, I am also fan of Dali and Denon ,

Congrats on the setup. It's what you enjoy most that's worthwhile than MSRP. Few things you might want to consider:

Move the speakers away from wall if possible. Esp your left front.
Have good sound absorption in the room...thick drapes, cloth furniture etc, it will help with mitigating too many reflections. Run audessey again and enjoy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on the setup. It's what you enjoy most that's worthwhile than MSRP. Few things you might want to consider:

Move the speakers away from wall if possible. Esp your left front.
Have good sound absorption in the room...thick drapes, cloth furniture etc, it will help with mitigating too many reflections. Run audessey again and enjoy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure, I will consider the above inputs. Thanks. Infact this is not the proper setup. When I move to a different location, I will have a proper setup

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back