Heres something for those looking to enter into hi-fi

humblebee

Friends, I have been looking to configure a budget system. I have seen many first time buyers confused and harassed for lack of demo and information. Therefore I have started some time back. I have looked at many systems. This took around a year but this system is worth it.

So here it is:

Amplifier : Marantz PM6006, Rs 30,000
Speakers : Wharfedale Reva, (They are a steal at their current price of 500 dollars)
DAC : ifi nano iOne, Rs 17,000
Wires : Audioquest evergreen (interconnects, usb, spdif) & QED Silver anniversary XT, Rs 15,000
UPS : APC 600 VA, Rs 2,500

Total Cost : Rs 1,10,000

This is a good system and sounds every bit worth it.

Last edited:
Some points about this system:

This system has wonderful synergy. If configured well (and my configuration is good), you can expect around 3dB dynamic range sound from this.

Marantz as a company deals very well with entry level systems. And PM6006 is the one to go for. I have PM 5004 and I can say with experience.

Wherfedale Reva is a steal at this price. It goes well with Marantz. I have Q-Acoustics though. But Wharfedale is better. Look at tharbamars demo on youtube.

IFi nano iOne is very good at this price. It will attach to not just your laptop (through usb) but to your phone (through bluetooth aptx & apple aac) and your cable television (through spdif out of your set top box) as well. And it will do 24/192 with upsampling. Audioquest Beetle goes upto 24/96 & without upsampling.
Thus your TV sound will be improved as well.

Audioquest and QED are best for this category.

APC is cheap for the performance it gives. Your equipment is not cheap and needs some protection.

Have a good journey

Last edited:
Some points about this system:

This system has wonderful synergy. If configured well (and my configuration is good), you can expect around 3dB dynamic range sound from this.

Marantz as a company deals very well with entry level systems. And PM6006 is the one to go for. I have PM 5004 and I can say with experience.

Wherfedale Reva is a steal at this price. It goes well with Marantz. I have Q-Acoustics though. But Wharfedale is better. Look at tharbamars demo on youtube.

IFi nano iOne is very good at this price. It will attach to not just your laptop (through usb) but to your phone (through bluetooth aptx & apple aac) and your cable television (through spdif out of your set top box) as well. And it will do 24/192 with upsampling. Audioquest Beetle goes upto 24/96 & without upsampling.
Thus your TV sound will be improved as well.

Audioquest and QED are best for this category.

APC is cheap for the performance it gives. Your equipment is not cheap and needs some protection.

Have a good journey
Thanks for sharing. We should have more suggession based on budget. Like stereo setup under 50k, stereo setup under 1 lakh, stereo setup under 1.5 lakh etc etc.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back