Hi all, a noob audiphile here.

Knightrider

Hi Everyone!

I am Tushar From Patna (Bihar). I have been an avid reader of this forum for last 2 years to enhance my knowledge about audio-video equipment. Have been using generic stereo 2-in-ones, pc speakers till date for music and movies.

I am a complete noob when it comes to audio-video seperates. By know i know a lot many brand names and details about various brands, etc, thanks to this forum.

Now i have saved a li'l bit of Vit-M to buy audio equipment for stereo (2.1) set up and plan to integrate it with multichannel setup, whenever i manage to have funds for it in future.

Going to create a new thread in "What Should I Buy" Forum for all of the member's advise and expert guidence in this regard.

Thanks.

Hi,
Any place in Patna where you can hear gear? Most entry level folks wont buy used, although there is good value for money to be had. Chinese is not bad either, especially if you have dealer support. Anyway, Marantz, Denon etc are made in China.

In my experience a medium level amp of 25 to 40 watts is a great place to start. Add entry level bookshelves, and a budget quality CDP. Use the free cords to begin with. Stands and shelves can be bought later. Although you have not given a budget, let me say that in a budget of a lakh I would put 45-50K on a decent amp, 30-35 K on a new speaker and 15-20K on a new CDP.

This is for buying new. If your budget is higher the extra can either go to the better source.

Rajis141, Thank you.

Amitkg Thnak you, that fits the situation i am in.

Soundbuff,Thanks for your inputs. There is only one Yamaha dealer here that too without any audition facility. Thats my biggest problem. my only source for audition here is Youtube.

here is the link for my detailed query - Please go thorugh it and advise.

Hi Everyone!

I am Tushar From Patna (Bihar). I have been an avid reader of this forum for last 2 years to enhance my knowledge about audio-video equipment. Have been using generic stereo 2-in-ones, pc speakers till date for music and movies.

I am a complete noob when it comes to audio-video seperates. By know i know a lot many brand names and details about various brands, etc, thanks to this forum.

Now i have saved a li'l bit of Vit-M to buy audio equipment for stereo (2.1) set up and plan to integrate it with multichannel setup, whenever i manage to have funds for it in future.

Going to create a new thread in "What Should I Buy" Forum for all of the member's advise and expert guidence in this regard.

Thanks.

I would say don't invest in a CD player because the format is already stagnant. Better you buy a DAC or try a Asus Xonar sound card in your PC.

About other components, you an buy a Norge amp and any matching bookshelf speakers...

You may try out few dealers in Kolkata, as it is nearby city.

Planning to do the same, but its difficult for me to get 4-5days off to travel for now, so just going thorugh sound test videos on youtube for now. Its a conundrum for me - can't get an audition, can't travel for now, can't wait to have new setup :sad:

I would say don't invest in a CD player because the format is already stagnant. Better you buy a DAC or try a Asus Xonar sound card in your PC.

Don't plan to have a CD player for now (maybe not for a long time). Almost 90% of my music stuff is on PC (Digital) so its goona be a DAC or sound card. Will a soundcard be as good as an internal Soundcard?

About other components, you an buy a Norge amp and any matching bookshelf speakers...

Trying to decide among NAD/MARANTZ/YAMAHA Amp
with Dali Zensor 2/5/7 - Wharfadle Diamond 225/230/240

Liked B&W 683/685 S2 sound more than above but that way aove my current budget of 1.2L for an Amp + Pair of speakers

I'm confused between BS+stands = approx same amount of corresponding next FS speakers ( @ will FS be ok for my room area 225sq.ft of will it be overwhelming).

Please advise.

Planning to do the same, but its difficult for me to get 4-5days off to travel for now, so just going thorugh sound test videos on youtube for now. Its a conundrum for me - can't get an audition, can't travel for now, can't wait to have new setup :sad:

Trying to decide among NAD/MARANTZ/YAMAHA Amp
with Dali Zensor 2/5/7 - Wharfadle Diamond 225/230/240

Liked B&W 683/685 S2 sound more than above but that way aove my current budget of 1.2L for an Amp + Pair of speakers

I'm confused between BS+stands = approx same amount of corresponding next FS speakers ( @ will FS be ok for my room area 225sq.ft of will it be overwhelming).

Please advise.

Just make sure you don't invest too much on electronics. Spend max on speakers and least of wires. I once had a chance to listen to a Rotel amp and Norge 2060....there was no difference in SQ at all to my ears.

When you want to audition any combinations, always carry your CDs or MP3. Do not listen to demo CDs, DVDs or Hotel California!

Just make sure you don't invest too much on electronics. Spend max on speakers and least of wires. I once had a chance to listen to a Rotel amp and Norge 2060....there was no difference in SQ at all to my ears.

Will pure copper Havells electrical 2.5sq.mm wire will do the job or i need something different ?

When you want to audition any combinations, always carry your CDs or MP3. Do not listen to demo CDs, DVDs or Hotel California!

Will do, Thank you.

Hello Knightrider, Welcome. What genres of music do you prefer? At what volume level do you play your music -- (low: barely audible outside your room? moderate: can be heard around the house? high: neighbours don't need a stereo of their own? all the way up: migratory cranes use your house as a map-marker?) A simple test devised by Pano, a member of diyaudio, will help you determine how much power you need:
A Test. How much Voltage (power) do your speakers need? - diyAudio Then figure out the speakers that suit your music. Cheers, ~hp

Hello Knightrider, Welcome. What genres of music do you prefer? At what volume level do you play your music -- (low: barely audible outside your room? moderate: can be heard around the house? high: neighbours don't need a stereo of their own? all the way up: migratory cranes use your house as a map-marker?) A simple test devised by Pano, a member of diyaudio, will help you determine how much power you need:
A Test. How much Voltage (power) do your speakers need? - diyAudio Then figure out the speakers that suit your music. Cheers, ~hp

Hi, sorry for late reply, was away for months due to unavoidable circumstances.

Genres - mostly bollywood > Raggae > Dance music.

Volume - 60% time LOW, 40% Moderate.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back