Hi All. My HT setup

katesh

My home theater set up

Samsung LN46B530 LCD TV
Onkyo 6600
LG BD 370
Sun Direct HD
Nintendo Wii

I made the stands for myself except the center stand on which TV is present.
You can observe the gaps in the borders, Not planned well during cutting the wood, planning to put thermocol at those gaps to look neat.
Making those stands cost me 1500 RS /- :) ( Not the center one )

Speaker Stand. I made it myself ( Made two of these )

Pasted some Posters in Room. These are just colour print outs.

Got all these equipment from US, here are my experiences during setup

Stepdown regulator
All these require 110V stepdown regulator. Got a 1500 Watts regulator.

TV : Samsung TV had issues with Sun HD, for the HDMI connection, it is not exactly NTSC and PAL issue, it is something to do with the Refresh rate / Frequency. In US it is 60 HZ, In India it is 50 HZ, Got one Atlona HDMI converter to solve this problem.
I got one more Sony Bravia TV for my cousin and Sun Direct HD is working with Sony TV without any issues.

Onkyo 6600
I did not face any big issues with this one. Only issue is it doesn't accept HDMI input from Sun direct ( Probably frame rate issue), so used the Optical audio cable. Sound was better after doing Auddessy MIC set up.

Bluray player : Have region issues with this one, but i can live with it.
For Playing DVD's I am connecting my laptop to TV.

My Bluray Collection
Planet earth, Blood Diamond, Avatar, Troy, Over the Top, The Good , The Bad and The ugly , Jodha Akbar, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Saving Private Ryan, Black Mask / Forbidden Kingdom , Gladiator, Minority Report , Master and Commander, Live Free or Die Hard , Terminator Salvation, The Final Destination , The Lord of the Rings, The Mist , The Mummy ,Ice Age ,Night at the Museum, The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Matrix, Predators

Nice one. Congrats. The pic quality should have been better. I think you used a mobile cam.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back