• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Wanted Hi end CD player

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsjaurr

I'm looking for a good quality CD player.
Examples are Rega Apollo, Audiolab, Marantz SA series.
Condition should at least 8/10 but in fully working condition.
Budget is more than 50K depending on the age, condition, and brand.

If I am not able to get it I would probably end up buying CA CXC.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. Ensure that the product you are buying is not stolen or fake. Always ask for a purchase invoice.
  5. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  6. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  7. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  8. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  9. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  10. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. It is your responsibility to prove that the product you are selling is genuine and not stolen by providing the necessary proof of purchase.
  6. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
D

Deleted member 38504

Buy the Cambridge CXC, or like me, I got tired of waiting for it and instead, I got the marantz cd6006.

rsjaurr

CXC seems to be easy route for me but lets see if I can find something good alternative. Good thing is somebody is coming from US in after 2 months and I can get my favorite Rega Apollo R or even Classe CDP102 which has looks to die for. But then I would prefer him to bring a preamp which is difficult to get here.

bornfi

Yes I recently bought Metrum Acoustic Adagio and it is on the way.
In that case I would recommend not spending money on CD player and any fancy streamer. Instead, please read about Dante, get a decent Win or iOS based laptop or computer or anything that you already have at your disposal. When I started with Dante, associated hardware were expensive but now, parent company, Audinate, has come in market with its own hardware that are reasonably priced. You may want to start with this.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...abIbtMiGlR0jEAKesGLEx3zf8UKvOOQwaAk0FEALw_wcB

rsjaurr

In that case I would recommend not spending money on CD player and any fancy streamer. Instead, please read about Dante, get a decent Win or iOS based laptop or computer or anything that you already have at your disposal. When I started with Dante, associated hardware were expensive but now, parent company, Audinate, has come in market with its own hardware that are reasonably priced. You may want to start with this.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AVIO-AES--audinate-avio-dante-2x2-aes3-ebu-adapter?mrkgcl=28&mrkgadid=3281149340&rkg_id=0&product_id=AVIO-AES&campaigntype=shopping&campaign=aaShopping - Core - Studio & Recording&adgroup=Studio & Recording - Computers&placement=google&adpos=1o4&creative=213185928236&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQiAurjgBRCqARIsAD09sg84DmmSf6GGH4EeG8zyMtuabIbtMiGlR0jEAKesGLEx3zf8UKvOOQwaAk0FEALw_wcB

Well... I'm not so sure about the quality this stuff has as compared to dedicated CD players or transports.
Might have to read more before I go ahead with these adapters. Personally I'm not a fan of adapters but that experience is based on car audio.

BTW I have couple of old spare laptops and a surface pro 2 with external CD drive with me.

bornfi

Well... I'm not so sure about the quality this stuff has as compared to dedicated CD players or transports.
Might have to read more before I go ahead with these adapters. Personally I'm not a fan of adapters but that experience is based on car audio.

BTW I have couple of old spare laptops and a surface pro 2 with external CD drive with me.

Yes, please do read about this.

A. In my opinion, it should be better than a dedicated CD player because however expensive a CD player is, most of the the money go into D to A circuitry while a fixed little amount ges into transport side. So, if you are inclined towards a CD player, ensure that you spend on a transport (MSB??) not on a cd player.

B. Even if you buy a transport, do not ignore Dante, yes, I am sounding pushy now :) and I have no regret about it because this is such a thing from pro world that is so so under-exposed to us audiophile community.

And, imagine the amount of content available to you when your laptop/SurfacePro is connected to your music system!

rikhav

Yes sir
Sold one long time ago which belonged to my friend
Also arcam fmj cd17 recently got sold which was also a fantastic player for the going price

rsjaurr

Buy Sony BDP for 10% of your budget. Highly recommended.

lol....Not sure this will give me results I'm looking`for.

BTW my son uses Panasonic DMP-BDT110 to play audio CDs on F&D speakers worth 5K and sound quality is more than decent considering the audio equipments.

bornfi

lol....Not sure this will give me results I'm looking`for.

BTW my son uses Panasonic DMP-BDT110 to play audio CDs on F&D speakers worth 5K and sound quality is more than decent considering the audio equipments.
Ok, so my first recommendation was Dante and now with this Panasonic BD player, see if you can get Lifatec toslink cable. Trust me, these two have thought-changing capabilities and I am more confident because of the level of DAC you are getting.

rsjaurr

Ok, so my first recommendation was Dante and now with this Panasonic BD player, see if you can get Lifatec toslink cable. Trust me, these two have thought-changing capabilities and I am more confident because of the level of DAC you are getting.

Well this one I might just try. Any idea from where I can buy it? I did not find and link though someone sold it in 2014 in for sale section.

Status
Not open for further replies.