Hi guys...need help choosing the right music system for home...

argurpreet321

Hi...
I am a newbie here n need help choosing a system for my home....
Budget Rs. 60,000/- Can stretch upto 75 k
Will be connecting it to a samsung lcd...
Am mostly looking for good music playing capabilities...with decent home theatre sound for movie playback...
Will be playing music from my hard drive or audio/mp3 cds...
dvd playback...blu ray if possible but have a ps3 for playing blu rays...
Kindly suggest the best setup for near audiophile sound ( if possible in my budget)...
Also guide me where I can find these components in Delhi...
:)

Last edited:
Hi bro....sorry bout tat...guess was too excited...
Would prefer 5.1. Nd the room size is around 9' x 18'. So a very rectangular room but the setup will be at one edge of this room nd I will be sitting in front of the speakers at a small distance of about 6'. So there would be a recliner sofa in front of the speakers.
But I need the setup to be future proof as I may be shifting to a newer place with a bigger room. That's why I am thinking of going in for proper floor standing speakers.

Bro 30K for AVR and 50 K for 5.1 Package+connectors.
75K is reasonable budget for HT.

Wait for Delhi FM to route you towards the right audition point and for options

If you want a dedicated music system go for stereo setup n get AVR 5.1 setup only if you are a movie freak.

>>>>OT<<<<<
@argurpreet321

Why have you opted not to receive private messages. I could not send you a message, check your settings ...

>>>>OT END<<<<

at a given budget you get much better sound quality for a stereo set up when compared to a surround sound. esp if you like music and listen to a lot of it you will be compromising on its quality if you go in for a surround sound at that budget.

>>>>OT<<<<<
@argurpreet321

Why have you opted not to receive private messages. I could not send you a message, check your settings ...

>>>>OT END<<<<
Hi Sam ...I checked my settings...I could not find a setting for private messages...in fact I wanted to send a private message yesterday...n was not allowed to...I am an architect based in Lajpat nagar, Delhi...I wanted to contact a few experts personally...for advice...but couldn't...

Hi again guys...I have done some research on my own on the Internet and read some reviews...I think I'll have to increase my budget to 1 Lakh...in order to get a quality system...so please suggest some setups accordingly...Also am confused whether to get an Avr and 5.1 setup or a dedicated amp and better quality speakers...as I am more interested in good music...but will be watching movies and will be connecting the system to my tv for regular viewing...have heard some great things about B & W 685 speakers...Delhi guys please step up and guide me where I can audition these in Delhi....any other suggestions regarding my system are most welcome....and appreciated...
Keep it coming guys...!!!

Hi Sam ...I checked my settings...I could not find a setting for private messages...in fact I wanted to send a private message yesterday...n was not allowed to...I am an architect based in Lajpat nagar, Delhi...I wanted to contact a few experts personally...for advice...but couldn't...

i think theres a minimum number of messages that you need to post for private messages to be activated in your account

Hi again guys...I have done some research on my own on the Internet and read some reviews...I think I'll have to increase my budget to 1 Lakh...in order to get a quality system...so please suggest some setups accordingly...Also am confused whether to get an Avr and 5.1 setup or a dedicated amp and better quality speakers...as I am more interested in good music...but will be watching movies and will be connecting the system to my tv for regular viewing...have heard some great things about B & W 685 speakers...Delhi guys please step up and guide me where I can audition these in Delhi....any other suggestions regarding my system are most welcome....and appreciated...
Keep it coming guys...!!!

its up to you to decide on stereo vs surround sound. in stereo you wont have sounds coming out from all over the place but it still does come out from the front 2 speakers.

as for the b&w's the 685 is a bright speaker. quite expensive compared to what is out there and doesnt pair easily with amps. pairs well with the rotel but that again is an expensive amp.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back