Hi I just bought BIC America PL 200 II. What kind of woofer cable is recommended?

Michelangalo

Hi I just bought BIC America PL 200 II. What kind of woofer cable is recommended?

What settings are recommended?

If your BIC sub has 2 x rca inputs then get any decent Y cable. (1 x 2 split)
Single end to avr sub out and both the other ends of the Y to the sub.

Don't pay high cost for sub cables. Any quality cable would do. Not necessarily high cost sub cable will give you best quality. Any decent cable will give you same quality.

It has one sub in input.
I am considering this cable from Hifi mart

It's on the expensive side 1100 and the issue is it's outer thing is made up of polyester which is hard to bend and can be a issue.

Any brands on Amazon that you can recommend?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200627-183415148 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20200627-183415148 (1).jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 25
It has one sub in input.
I am considering this cable from Hifi mart

It's on the expensive side 1100 and the issue is it's outer thing is made up of polyester which is hard to bend and can be a issue.

Any brands on Amazon that you can recommend?
Your sub has speaker level inputs as well. Give it a try if you have some spare speaker wire lying around for the time being. I had them like this on my 2.1 setup with SB1000.

Your sub has speaker level inputs as well. Give it a try if you have some spare speaker wire lying around for the time being. I had them like this on my 2.1 setup with SB1000.

I don't have spare cable to test. I will have buy something so thaught of getting the RCA as that is recommended by the manufacturer.

I don't have spare cable to test. I will have buy something so thaught of getting the RCA as that is recommended by the manufacturer.
Well, on the same note, the manufacturer wouldn't design the sub with speaker level inputs if it wasn't recommend right :D.

Just suggested as you don't have the sub cable.

That's given by the manufacturer for Amps which don't have sub out. Extra options available doesn't mean it's mandatory to use them. :D
The very reason I got a SB1000 was exactly for that, as I didn't have any extra pre-outs. (Amps which don't have a sub out). OP has the sub, but no sub cable nor spare speaker wire. I wouldn't think twice about plonking even normal electrical wires and get going. Not using an available option is something else.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back