Hiall, my intro and my gear

Kana711104

Hi all audio enthusiast. This is Soumen from kolkata. I am a builder of high end audio amplifier specially mosfet single ended design and solid state designs. Right now working on transconductance amplifier. I am a deciple of great shaan and his work peeceebee.
Another project is going on Aurduino. I am trying to make volume, tone control , speaker protection , input selection using aurduino. I know these kits are available online but quality is very poor. So to make this sonically great I have to make this with high quality parts and pcb.
"I rather die if not diy".... Shaan.
Happy listening

My Gear.

RPI P3B with Allo Mini Boss DAC
Picoreplayer running version 6.0
Rod elliott p83 with shaan's modification.
Ros elliott P3A .
LM3886, TDA2050, TDA2030(both transconductance amp)
TDA1557Q ,TPA3118.
Self made woofer and fullrange speaker.

Hi
Welcome to our lovely forum. Glad to know that you are making audio gears and also you are an audio enthusiast. Hope you will enjoy this wonderful forum.
Cheers
Really enjoying Mr Talapatra. Its been 22 years long journey ( now I am 36 yers old ) and having honemoon every day with my setting.
Happy listening.

Woofer plus FR speaker sounds like we have similar tastes. Welcome to the forum and please share more details.
Right now working on transconductance amplifier and soon updates will be posted. Work in progress.
Happy listening

Thanks all

1. Rod Elliot P3A design. Most tranquil solid state amp I have ever build earlier.

2. Rod Elliott P83 Single Ended Mosfet Class A design. Listening this for over 13 years , till today it thrills me. Very worm valve like audio clean and crisp every sprectrum from high to low is perfect. No over colouration. Twice a dozen build no report till now.

3. LM 3886 overture amp. Very neutral and clean.

4. LM 3886 in another cabinet

5. My listening room ( very small distant between two speaker not recommended)

Attachments

• 20200130_183341_compress68.jpg
    20200130_183341_compress68.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20191022_201809_compress91.jpg
    20191022_201809_compress91.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 70
  • 20191206_013654_compress50.jpg
    20191206_013654_compress50.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20191020_224618_compress35.jpg
    20191020_224618_compress35.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20200309_170252_compress19.jpg
    20200309_170252_compress19.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
what would be the landing cost?
The amplifier with wooden case using dayton audio parts ONSEMI semiconductor and toroial transformer with out bass and treble adjustments ( not needed as these setting will wipe out the natural lustful audio into a selectable audio ) costs around 18 to 20 K depends on parts quality. Even a bugdet system like 10k is possible with inferior parts( also sounds good ) .

Right now working on transconductance amplifier and very soon I will open a thread. These will surely compete with any valve amplifier.
Waiting ......

Hi
Very good builds
Out of all of the designs you built which would be closest to a good SET amp , three dimensionality wise ?

Or it's wrong to compare a SS design with a well designed SET amp?

Am I right in saying that usually SET amps are very good with three dimensionality ?

There is no comparison between an SET amp or a SS amp practically. SET amps are very good at dynamics. SS amp very good at tranquility and dynamics also. A SET amp set up is very expensive with speaker choice and totally depends on speaker quality. But an SS amp wins this race , it doesnot require an expensive set up. Even a budget set sounds excellant and will surprise you.

I have compared both amp once with tannoy turnbury and believe me SS amp wins all dynamics.

Technically both design have 2nd order harmonics which sounds wormer than other amp. Specially voice and string insrtuments. So comparison expected where cost is an issue (valve SET amps looks fantastic).

But the transconductance amp changed my view in every aspect. It has the tranquility of am good solid state amp, dynamics of an SS amp , worm as a SET valve amp. Costs lesser than any amp. Sound Totaly depends on speaker quality. I am using a self made fullrange speaker with a sensitivity of 98.5 db, feeling bliss. Very soon upate will be shared.

Interesting. Never heard of this design. Is there a trade off with regard to power? There are not a lot of speakers out there with such high sensitivity.
Very soon I will open a new thread on transconductance amplifier. Right now some work is going on speaker protection.
Please wait and keep watchin

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back