High end AV Processor lexicon, Mcintosh, Anthem d2v, etc..

LIZARDKING

I am usIng a Marantz av8003 and want to update which should I go for? I heard the anthem and did not hear much of a difference, but 4 times the difference in price.

Halcro, Meridian, Theta are some of the other high end pre pros, apart from the ones that you mentioned.The after sales service of these brands should be also checked before deciding.

I believe the weak link in your system is the power amp and not the processor. Long time back, Subhash (member HFV) had used this combo and returned the same as he felt the sound was just not there.

You should consider replacing the power-amp. If you can replace both pre and power then it would be great. I have heard the signature series in stereo driven by a NAD T 785 AVR. It just blew it off. It was driving them with utmost authority.

Sumit

The sound is great and have been using it for 2 years. I am using 3 bryston mono blocks for the front and center, the marantz mm8003 power amp is handling only the surrounds the rears and the height front book shelf. No I don't think I want the av7005 for even now the av 8003 is more expensive than the av7005.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back