High Quality Subwoofer Suggestion for my HT setup. Urgent Help!

Gamerps360

Dear All,

Probably this is my first post after a long time and I'm in need of desperate help now.
Been almost 4 years and now I'm upgrading to the following below.

Everything seems to be pretty easy for me after all the digging over the web over the years except you know ........ The Sub.

Below are my components upgrade.

1. Polk Audio RTi A7 series from TSX 330T series.
2. Polk Audio CSi A6 from TSx 250c
3. 2 Pairs of Polk Audio OWM3s, 2 surround + 2 On Ceiling.
4. AVR DenonnX-2600h from Pioneer vsx 930k. ( This I thought a lot before thinking to buy X3600h for Imax Enhanced and 9.2 but still an outdated for my LG C9! Hence this will be upgraded to in future when AVRs will come with 4K 120Hz hdmi 2.1 for All Ports)

5. Sub-Woofer - A Big ? mark.
a) My Room Size is 26.3 X 11.2 (Bit Huge)
b) I have 2 Subs, Polk Audio Psw 125 and dsw 550. Both are not upto the mark, TBH. Latter ones is bit better than the other as expected but still not satisfied. Already put up in Olx, Selling these 2.
c) Should I go for 1 Powerful Sub or Dual Avg ones. (Avg. means pb 1000 or HSU or Rythmik subs)
d) I'm based in Bangalore, SVS/Rythmic/HSU, Where the demo is possible?
d) Got olx deal for SVS PC12 Plus, Very good sub but its a used ones (2.5 yrs) without warranty for 62K? Is it good deal, Sub is in very good condition though.
e) Another dealer offering me PB 2000 Pro for 95 with 5 yr warranty. Is that Good ?
f) Ported or Encloded ?

Plz suggest. I absolutely don't want to compromise on BASS both in Movies and Music (60:40).
And also this doesn't mean spending 1.5L or 2L on Ultra series and Very High End subs. :eek:
Budget is 70-1L :cool:

Hit me up with your intelligence and Guidance and Suggestions Bros... :)

The Denon 3600 is no way an outdated avr for the c9 IMO any reason for you to think why it’s outdated? Don’t look at specs that you are not going to use. 4k 120hz 2.1hdmi port, what are you going to do with that? I think you should plan a dual 12 inches sub but may have to extend your budget. Another option is see if you can get one more 550 and make it dual.

If you have the budget, 3600 for sure. Speakers look sorted. Dual subs like svs pb/sb 2000 or similar should be sufficient.

MaSh

For Rythmik, in Blr (bit confused, your location says Hyd), the dealer is Prosonic. He had a demo setup for L12 and LV12F/R. For SVS, AVStore, gives you good deals, you can check them out. He too has SVS PB1000 on demo.

Dual L12 would be ideal but would need some negotiations to get to your budget. You could also try one sub of the SVS/Rythmik you like and check with the 550 you have and then replace the 550 with the second of the new sub.

Wow! Thanks for suggestions real quick guyz. Much Appreciated :)

@LoveforSound :- Usually I wanted to purchase something that is future proof and won't force me to upgrade in every 2-3 years. I agree there is no content atm for 4K 120 hz or hdmi 2.1 features but however down the line things will get started releasing. And I don't want tonfeel left behind.
Video related things tend to upgrafe faster compared to audio.
I was so much into X3600h but when I saw x3700h with all the latest tech releasing this fall in India. Neither could wait not could buy X3600h knowing its newer version is around the corner.
Dual subs are going to stabilize my room and help me get better bass spread throughout right ?
Not impressed by Dsw 550 maybe bcoz of my room dynamics. But as u suggested I can get one svs and keep the 550 to check and see the benefit of duals.

@MaSh : Will go for X3700 or X3800h in 2 years. And for Sub... Whether one SVS PC12 Plus 800Watt powered with existing 550 will do ? Or still u think 2 PBS 2000 (Pro) better. Will my AVR be able to handle it ?

@sud98 : Very good suggestion Bro. Sure will have a look and try both till this weekend. And decide, Probably instead of getting 2 new. I can use one new and decide.

However guyz, Home Demo is best u know. I also know that every decent sub sounds superbly at the stores acoustics filled room.

Wow! Thanks for suggestions real quick guyz. Much Appreciated :)

@LoveforSound :- Usually I wanted to purchase something that is future proof and won't force me to upgrade in every 2-3 years. I agree there is no content atm for 4K 120 hz or hdmi 2.1 features but however down the line things will get started releasing. And I don't want tonfeel left behind.
Video related things tend to upgrafe faster compared to audio.
I was so much into X3600h but when I saw x3700h with all the latest tech releasing this fall in India. Neither could wait not could buy X3600h knowing its newer version is around the corner.
Dual subs are going to stabilize my room and help me get better bass spread throughout right ?
Not impressed by Dsw 550 maybe bcoz of my room dynamics. But as u suggested I can get one svs and keep the 550 to check and see the benefit of duals.

You can go ahead for the 3700. Unless you are a gamer I don’t think you need 4k@120hz. Me being a c9 user and if I ever need 4k@120 hz for gaming I can still use the full potential of the c9 Hdmi 2.1 by connecting the source directly to the tv and use e-arc to get audio Sent to the avr. So there is absolutely no need for the avr to be 2.1 for getting the full benefits of the c9.Just explaining and not pursuing you to go for the 3600. For dual subs you should go for identical. Adding a svs to the Polk is just going to make it worse.

There is no need to invest in Hdmi 2.1 unless you are heavy into PC gaming. Consoles cannot make use of that, both the XSX and the PS5. Heck its still not confirmed if they will be able to pull out 4k60 on all titles. The XSX maybe able to do it without RT but PS5...i have doubts.

btw PB2000 Pro at 95k is a very good deal.

@MaSh : Will go for X3700 or X3800h in 2 years. And for Sub... Whether one SVS PC12 Plus 800Watt powered with existing 550 will do ? Or still u think 2 PBS 2000 (Pro) better. Will my AVR be able to handle it ?

If you're getting a good deal now, why wait 2 years. What extra are you getting in those models that you absolutely need?

Regarding subs, do not mix two different subs. Try to have same brand and model subs. All these subs are self powered, so there is nothing of the sort that a receiver cannot handle. Look for Audyssey version XT32 which allows dual sub EQ.

MaSh

Last edited:
For movies, do check/audition the new Klipsch SPL 150. A very underrated sub in my opinion. I am using it for music too, and have nothing to complain about.
Fits your budget too.

How are the OWM3 for rear surround?
How much are you getting CSI a6 for?
I have similar setup 2600H, RTi A7 and Bic Pl200 II.

My next addition will be Csi a6 and surrounds OWM 3 or Rtia3 for rear surrounds.

If your budget is less than 1 lakhs for sub and you want to go dual then you can consider Pl200 II. You will get it both for around 80-85K.

For your room size you may need dual subs. Pls ensure that your receiver has the provisions for 2 subs. You can buy 1 first & see for yourself & when finance permits you can buy the second one later. The SVS PB 2000, Klipsh SPL 150 are good options. Also see if you can get XTZ 12 edge if it comes in that price range. Since the newer model PB 2000 pro is out you may get earlier model at a good price.
If you can stretch your budget maybe a single Rythmik FV15HP will do good but the size & weight may be huge. If budget is an issue you can try preowned subs.

How are the OWM3 for rear surround?
How much are you getting CSI a6 for?
I have similar setup 2600H, RTi A7 and Bic Pl200 II.

My next addition will be Csi a6 and surrounds OWM 3 or Rtia3 for rear surrounds.

If your budget is less than 1 lakhs for sub and you want to go dual then you can consider Pl200 II. You will get it both for around 80-85K.

Yes, OWM3 are a decent ones for Atmos and Surrounds, Please don't spend much on surrounds TBH. For 30K I got 2 Pairs fro PROFX.

CSI A6, I am getting new one for 27K again from ProFx.

Now, Can you elaborate on BIC PL200 II please. I heard a bit about that sub and will it satisfy my room even if i put dual.

Yes It does.
Also, Plz note even if you use eARC or ARC, None of the streaming content over Netflix or iBBC player none will give you loseless DTS:X or Dolby Atmos. It will be Dolby Digital Plus and not True HD
No you are wrong.please see the screenshot below.
You have to enable e-arc in pass through settings. I just checked a dolby atmos show on Netflix using the tv app and i get atmos output

EDB2DFDD-9F0F-4104-BC5F-C39D3B735D1D.png

For your room size you may need dual subs. Pls ensure that your receiver has the provisions for 2 subs. You can buy 1 first & see for yourself & when finance permits you can buy the second one later. The SVS PB 2000, Klipsh SPL 150 are good options. Also see if you can get XTZ 12 edge if it comes in that price range. Since the newer model PB 2000 pro is out you may get earlier model at a good price.
If you can stretch your budget maybe a single Rythmik FV15HP will do good but the size & weight may be huge. If budget is an issue you can try preowned subs.

The suggestion is Good Bro. But the thing is here in Bangalore... Apart from the usual Polk Audios... I am not seeing any.. Rythmik FV15HP or XTZ 12 edge or HSU Subwoofers.

SVS being more famous ones in India, The dealers also pushing for those in premium category.:D

No you are wrong.please see the screenshot below.
You have to enable e-arc in pass through settings. I just checked a dolby atmos show on Netflix using the tv app and i get atmos output

View attachment 47826

Bro, You still didn't get. See That will show Dolby Atmos.... But Dolby Atmos has two variants, One is Loseless and the other is Lossy.
Dolby Atmos -- Dolby Digital is Lossy Format which you get through All Streaming Medias.
Dolby Atmos -- Dolby True HD is the Loseless Format which you will get only via Bluray Player or Xbox One X when playing true Dolby Atmos Enabled 4K/Bluray Movies.

Someone Please correct me If I am wrong. To get a Dolby Atmos loseless content is not possible through any media services that we get in India.

Bro, You still didn't get. See That will show Dolby Atmos.... But Dolby Atmos has two variants, One is Loseless and the other is Lossy.
Dolby Atmos -- Dolby Digital is Lossy Format which you get through All Streaming Medias.
Dolby Atmos -- Dolby True HD is the Loseless Format which you will get only via Bluray Player or Xbox One X when playing true Dolby Atmos Enabled 4K/Bluray Movies.

Someone Please correct me If I am wrong. To get a Dolby Atmos loseless content is not possible through any media services that we get in India.
Ok my point was that c9 can support atmos in e-arc . Regarding lossy and lossless I don’t know what Netflix supports and haven’t given any interest cause I don’t prefer any streaming service. If I watch any content through steaming services I turn my HT off and use only the tv speakers

Ok my point was that c9 can support atmos in e-arc . Regarding lossy and lossless I don’t know what Netflix supports and haven’t given any interest cause I don’t prefer any streaming service. If I watch any content through steaming services I turn my HT off and use only the tv speakers

Yes, And also it doesn't have to be eARC to support Dlby Atmos. Dolby Atmos is supported in ARC as well but using ARC we will never get Loseless Dolby Audio (We will get only Dolby Digital Plus as shown in my prev Pioneer VSX 930K that model doesn't have eARC). Thats why eARC have been introduced which has the ability to carry loseless audio.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back