himedia q5 pro or minix neo ui?

ankurjbl

<Posting in correct thread group again >

Which one to buy?
himedia q5 pro or minix neo ui?

I have gone through the mediaplayers threads but still not sure between above two.

Thanks, I was planning to buy KB2 but found that amlogic 612 + kodi 17 is not stable and many negative reviews. So decided to increase budget. Found review for himedia q5 pro and minix both good.I think I would go for himedia.

Go for HiMedia Q5 Pro or wait for the Amlogic S912..

I am using the HiMedia Q5 Pro. It's audio video quality and the build quality is really amazing!

It can decode/passthrough DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD movie soundtracks.

MelodyMedia, a Bangalore based company is it's authorized distributor in India and they are selling it with 6 months warranty. You can find them on Amazon India.

Also recently, the Q5 Pro's OS has been upadated to the latest Android Nougat.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

If you want to buy the Minix, then wait for it's Amlogic S912 model.

I personally think Minix boxes are costlier than other brands considering its build quality, specs and performance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I am struggling to get subtitle in kodi or himedia player.
I have it in .sub with .idx formate in sub folder next to video file.(standerd download)

I tried copying next to video but no luck.
On browsing for external sub, these file are not visible to select.

i tried working with vlc on android, but subtitl menu is disabled.

I am wondering if it is related with any other setting ? Please help if you know what's wrong i am doing.

I have it in .sub with .idx formate in sub folder next to video file.(standerd download)

I am wondering if it is related with any other setting ? Please help if you know what's wrong i am doing.

I presume you are talking about external subtitle and not a subtitle inside the container (eg. mkv). If external subtitle, try using a .srt format for the subtitle. If you don't already have the .srt format of the subtitle you might have to download it or else convert the .sub to .srt format.

Further, the file name of the video and .srt subtitle file usually need to be exactly the same for the subtitle to get automatically picked up by the player.

Last edited:

Hi Ankur,

If you own a Himedia Q5 Pro and have European firmware, suggest you to browse and keep a tab @Futeko Forum.

I have too ordered a Q10 Pro but not yet delivered.

Thanks Guys for the inputs. The issue seems to be related with kodi + upnp. Subs are fine with movies running on pendrive, although red in color.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back