hindi films not available on lp

prem

Which are the hindi films of 60s, 70s and 80s which were not released on lp but only on ep?

A few that come to my mind are

Rajnigandha
Choti Si Baat
Red Rose
Imthihaan

Hi just4kix

Chitchor is available with Tapasya as a combo lp.

Priyatama is another one only on ep

This is EP list for R.D.Burman tracks only

Ajanabee, Bada Kabutar, Benaam, Bhala Maanus, Bhanwar, Chalta Purza, Charitraheen, Devata, Dil Ka Raaja, Do Chor, Do Phool, Doosri Seeta, Double Cross, Goonj, Hifajat (Old), Hungama, Imaan, Jeevan Mukt, Khote Sikkay, Khushboo, Kitaab, Madhosh, Manzil, Mazaaq, Nafrat, Namak Haram, Naukri, Naya Daur, Parichay, Phir Kab Milogi, Pyar Ki Kahani, Raaja, Rakhi Aur Haathkadi, Rang Birangi, Rani Mera Nam, Red Rose, Sanjog, Shaitaan, Shehzada, Teesra Kaun, Trimurti, Ujala Hi Ujala, Waris, Warrant

Thanks Souravin. Thats the kind of list i was looking for. Are any of the above titles availabe in combo lps? For example, Ajnabee is available on lp with Amanush.

Hi Souravin

Are the songs on these RD Burman eps full or are they abruptly faded/cut on some of the eps?

Thanks Souravin. Thats the kind of list i was looking for. Are any of the above titles availabe in combo lps? For example, Ajnabee is available on lp with Amanush.

Yes, Warrant was released with Kaala Sona in combo LP. I have not included Pati Patni, Bombay to Goa as they have released recently in LPs. Teesra Kaun was also released recently in LP.

Some songs have been butchered in EPs, full version are available in muvee versions only. I prefer having SPs rather than EPs for longer/full versions. Another reason of SPs are they contain mono versions. During 1972-73, some LPs have been published in Electronic Stereos like Jheel Ke Us Paar, Mr.Romeo, Aap Ki Kasam, Yadoon Ki Baarat, Anamika, Jaise Ko Taisa, Rickshawalla to name a few. These sounds pathetic in stereo set up. That said having EP and SP of all those tracks make sense.

Best,
Sourav

Thanks Sourav.

I was particularly interested in ep/sps of

Parichay
Kushboo
Manzil
Red Rose
Khote Sikkey

Are songs in these butchered?

Regards

Prem

Prem,
Inkaar
Kacche Dhage
Kora Kagaz
are few I can think of.
Also I think Jeevan Mrityu instead of Jeevan Mukt.
regards

Last edited:
Thanks Hiten

Inkaar and Kora Kagaz are worth having.

There is a film called Jeevan Mukt by R D Burman which has tracks like Humne Kabhi Socha Nahin. Jeevan Mukt is only available on ep. So also is Jeevan Mrityu.

This is EP list for R.D.Burman tracks only

Ajanabee, Bada Kabutar, Benaam, Bhala Maanus, Bhanwar, Chalta Purza, Charitraheen, Devata, Dil Ka Raaja, Do Chor, Do Phool, Doosri Seeta, Double Cross, Goonj, Hifajat (Old), Hungama, Imaan, Jeevan Mukt, Khote Sikkay, Khushboo, Kitaab, Madhosh, Manzil, Mazaaq, Nafrat, Namak Haram, Naukri, Naya Daur, Parichay, Phir Kab Milogi, Pyar Ki Kahani, Raaja, Rakhi Aur Haathkadi, Rang Birangi, Rani Mera Nam, Red Rose, Sanjog, Shaitaan, Shehzada, Teesra Kaun, Trimurti, Ujala Hi Ujala, Waris, Warrant

Souravin,

Some of these were released as Super-7 discs (EP sized running at 33 rpm) - Double Cross, Madhosh, Namak Haram. Some like Warrant were released as combo LPs.

There is a film called Jeevan Mukt by R D Burman which has tracks like Humne Kabhi Socha Nahin. Jeevan Mukt is only available on ep. So also is Jeevan Mrityu.
Oh ! Didn't knew that. Thanks.
Also for particular single songs compilations are another option.
Regards

Yes Hiten. In fact the one song i like from Jeevan Mrityu, Jhilmil Sitaron Ka is available on the lp, Hits from Rajshri. Hence i will not go for the ep of Jeevan Mrityu. Ditto for Parichay. Available on Songs of Love Gulzar. But from Khushboo, i have only been able to get one song in a compilation. Namak Haram songs are available on compilations.

Souravin,

Some of these were released as Super-7 discs (EP sized running at 33 rpm) - Double Cross, Madhosh, Namak Haram. Some like Warrant were released as combo LPs.

Yeah, true. However the super seven discs were having electronically processed stereo, listening the same tracks in EP and SP are mono output, much better.

Sourav

Thanks Sourav.

I was particularly interested in ep/sps of

Parichay
Kushboo
Manzil
Red Rose
Khote Sikkey

Are songs in these butchered?

Regards

Prem

Khote Sikkay: SP only comprising two songs but edited. One song is there in the muvee only. So getting DVD is an option. This SP is now very rare.

Manzil: EP only. One of the songs was released in a compilation only with slightly different version.

Red Rose: SP in a sleeve. Need to check the muvee version once again.

Parichay: Musafir Hoon Yaaron is edited in EP.

Sourav

Available on Songs of Love Gulzar. But from Khushboo, i have only been able to get one song in a compilation. Namak Haram songs are available on compilations.
I also have Gulzar compilation. Very nice songs.
All Khushboo movie songs are lovely. Worth having an EP.
Though most compilation are good some may not have full length songs. So it is best to avoid compilation vinyls with 8/10 songs per side and 'Best of' series like this...
SUMAN%20KALYANPUR%20PMLP%201136%20FRONT%20SIDE%20-500x500.jpg

To preserve original recording they are not equalized/mastered for vinyl and sound very bad.
Regards

Hi Souravin

Thanks for the update. I have two songs of Manzil in Kishore compilations. Rim Jhim Gire Sawan and Tum Ho Mere Dil Ki Dhadkan. I was looking at Manzil only for Latas version of Rim Jhim

Hi Hiten

I agree. A lot of compilations have edited versions. Even those with 6 songs a side.

Hi Souravin

Thanks for the update. I have two songs of Manzil in Kishore compilations. Rim Jhim Gire Sawan and Tum Ho Mere Dil Ki Dhadkan. I was looking at Manzil only for Latas version of Rim Jhim

Hi Prem,

You have a treasure in this LP. Tum Ho Mere Dil Ki Dhadkan is prolonged version ( 3.47 minute) in this LP. Normal EP version is 3.15 m long. Pancham collectors look forward to have this LP. Lata M's version of Rimjhum Gire Sawan is just superb in the backdrop of drenched Mumbai. EP sounds far better than the Made in UK ACD.

There is another very nice song 'Man Mera Chahe rendered by Asha B available in the EP

Sourav

Last edited:
Hi Sourav

Yes, i like the Lata nd the Asha tracks in Manzil. Hope i find one in near mint condition. Any other RD Burman eps you would recommend based purely on music?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back