Hindi movies EP ( 45 & 33 1/3) only title list.

paras0710

Hi i want to know which titles of hindi movies only released on EP 45 or 7" 33 1/3 records only and never released on LP. I think few are

Parichay
Khusboo
Rajnigandha
Choti si baat
Kora kagaz
Kunwara baap
Bawarchi
Manzil ( amitabh bachchan)
Namak haram (HMV super 7)
Anokhi raat sanjeev kumar
2 ankhein 12 haath

Please add more titles to the list if you know or redirect me to any post where its already been dicussed.

Hi i want to know which titles of hindi movies only released on EP 45 or 7" 33 1/3 records only and never released on LP. I think few are

Parichay
Khusboo
Rajnigandha
Choti si baat
Kora kagaz
Kunwara baap
Bawarchi
Manzil ( amitabh bachchan)
Namak haram (HMV super 7)
Anokhi raat sanjeev kumar
2 ankhein 12 haath

Please add more titles to the list if you know or redirect me to any post where its already been dicussed.

Bawarchi had an Odeon LP release. Super sound - I have the first pressing ringed Odeon.

Kunwara Baap had two EPs. Namaka Haraam had both Super 7 and EP release, and also SP; so did many other films like Double Cross, Madhosh, Dil Ka Raaja.
There are many many Hindi films whose music came out only in 7 inch records. Do you want to make a list of all such soundtracks?

Regards
Atanu

Bawarchi had an Odeon LP release. Super sound - I have the first pressing ringed Odeon.

Kunwara Baap had two EPs. Namaka Haraam had both Super 7 and EP release, and also SP; so did many other films like Double Cross, Madhosh, Dil Ka Raaja.
There are many many Hindi films whose music came out only in 7 inch records. Do you want to make a list of all such soundtracks?

Regards
Atanu

Just to add: Some of these were also released as LP in foreign lands such as Barbados, Malaysia, Israel, and also Pakistan. The same EP tracks would be pressed sometimes into a combo LP. I think Manzil did have such a combo film LP release. Songs were the same length - from the EP.

Just to add: Some of these were also released as LP in foreign lands such as Barbados, Malaysia, Israel, and also Pakistan. The same EP tracks would be pressed sometimes into a combo LP. I think Manzil did have such a combo film LP release. Songs were the same length - from the EP.

Yes i mean those titles only released on 7" format( both 45 or 33 1/3) but never on 12" format (untruncated version) 10" doesnt matters. I also heard about namak haram pakistani 12" format realease but never saw one . I mentioned namak haram as hmv super 7 because its 7" format and have almost full lenght songs.

Last edited:
True but name some so the list can be close to complete.

Many of the old film numbers of the fifties came out on 78s only. Later, the company pressed those songs only on EP, not on LP. For example, Kala Pani, the SD Burman super score. The songs were published on 78s, and then we had the Odeon EP. Never saw an LP release in India (barring that nakli Kohinoor pressing, in combo with China Town and Taxi Driver) - but those were the EP songs only. Like that, I don't think we had an LP release of Insaan Jaag Utha also. Or was there a reissue on HF label in the eighties? Devdas was another, I think.
In the sixties the more popular ones got to see LP release. Like most of the Shammi Kapoor, Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand films. The Angel records were fantastic. But the lesser known films had to contend with 78s or EPs only. For example, I am yet to see an LP of Akash Deep (Chitragupta's divine score) or Devar. Also, Mohabbat Isko Kehte Hain (Khaiyyaam's gems). Do let me know if these were later reissued on HMV's HF label. I have the Angel EPs of these soundtracks.

More later.

Soundtracks that came out in 7" size only are called "cancelled numbers" by those in trade. I know somebody who has nearly 2000 of these. He wants to sell this collection for a few lakh rupees. He is not willing to break it up.

Regards,

Many of the old film numbers of the fifties came out on 78s only. Later, the company pressed those songs only on EP, not on LP. For example, Kala Pani, the SD Burman super score. The songs were published on 78s, and then we had the Odeon EP. Never saw an LP release in India (barring that nakli Kohinoor pressing, in combo with China Town and Taxi Driver) - but those were the EP songs only. Like that, I don't think we had an LP release of Insaan Jaag Utha also. Or was there a reissue on HF label in the eighties? Devdas was another, I think.
In the sixties the more popular ones got to see LP release. Like most of the Shammi Kapoor, Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand films. The Angel records were fantastic. But the lesser known films had to contend with 78s or EPs only. For example, I am yet to see an LP of Akash Deep (Chitragupta's divine score) or Devar. Also, Mohabbat Isko Kehte Hain (Khaiyyaam's gems). Do let me know if these were later reissued on HMV's HF label. I have the Angel EPs of these soundtracks.

More later.

Does tha taxi driver/ funtoosh HFLP 3625 have truncated songs?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back