Hindi song WAV format download, any website?

talespin

Hi,

Is there any online website that sells Hindi songs in WAV format. MP3 is widely available but not WAV.

Hi,

Is there any online website that sells Hindi songs in WAV format. MP3 is widely available but not WAV.
chances are less, check iTunes if they have anything in ALAC you can easily uncompressed them back to WAV.

btw why you want WAV which is a lossy** format?#
mp3 320, when encoded properly, is very much identical to uncompressed music, you won't feel any major difference unless you have decent hardware to playback the music.

** condition apply :)
# Incorrect information

Last edited by a moderator:
I though WAV and FLAC were lossless formats. So rephrasing my question.

Do you know of any website where i can download(Paid and Legal) hindi songs that would sound as good as Audio CD.

I think FLAC is a lossless audio format, although doesn't any idea for the website for such content. If any Forum Member do have any information, I will be glad to know about.

Its very hard to get Hindi flac files, except only for few very Hit movies. Even harder to get them legally. Otherwise you may get some if you want to enjoy music illegally.
Actually the price of Hindi CDs are quite low, so even if you are downloading legally by paying, it won't make much difference because uncompressed format won't be cheap like mp3.
For example original Aashiqui 2 CD is available as low as 150/- in our town. Buy the CD.

Its very hard to get Hindi flac files, except only for few very Hit movies. Even harder to get them legally. Otherwise you may get some if you want to enjoy music illegally.
Actually the price of Hindi CDs are quite low, so even if you are downloading legally by paying, it won't make much difference because uncompressed format won't be cheap like mp3.
For example original Aashiqui 2 CD is available as low as 150/- in our town. Buy the CD.

See the problem is sometimes you just want one song from Audio CD, why would i spend 150 or even 100 just for one song. So looking for website that offers CD quality songs download legally(Paid).

See the problem is sometimes you just want one song from Audio CD, why would i spend 150 or even 100 just for one song. So looking for website that offers CD quality songs download legally(Paid).

Thats the one of the Best advantage of Downloading compared to Audio CD or Lp's are they mostly come with collections of tracks and we would be liking to get one or two among them and no way we need to pay for Whole Lot.

As the Radio's were the pure cause for Boom in Music normally, People prefer to get their Own collection get played just clicking a Button.

I wonder,how good if LP are available with On demand tracks.Then probably it would be a treat for Analog fans and pull the latest generation crowd to Analog too.

I could see many Post open to get the Original CD's of 90's and no much expected results are attained.

Getting the Legal Download for all the Music is very long way to travel other then I tunes.So You need to wait for a decade to get then on your choice else get a CD rip the Fav to the Digital storage and keep the CD in Attic:eek:hyeah:

As illegal download are in fav of Music and Movie listener,getting them Legal is not so easy;)

Hi,

I think answering your question is really difficult, as there is probably no LEGAL website which offers lossless Hindi songs.

But one forum members mentioned a FRENCH website 'qobuz.com' sometime back in another thread, which offers albums of few Hindi artists in lossless format.
Tlchargement de musique en haute qualit. Ecoute en streaming.
(Use Google Chrome browser to easily translate it in English)

But you'll have to search Hindi songs on this website...because their catalog is not properly arranged.
You can try searching by Artists names such as 'Kishore Kumar'

kishore kumar dans les albums tlcharger en qualit CD (Lossless), Studio Masters

HTH.

Last edited:
I though WAV and FLAC were lossless formats. So rephrasing my question.

Do you know of any website where i can download(Paid and Legal) hindi songs that would sound as good as Audio CD.

nope :) WAV = risk = lossy if you don't know the real source, a 5 minute 2 channel need over 500mb if you want exact data as recorded in analog medium and can be considered to contained every bit of information. please Google further, there are many white papers avilible for reputed universities of audio engineering.
Ripping ACD to WAV makes no scene, as per the space required to archive, also it doesn't have much header space to write file details such as characteristics or META tags which sometime will make a standalone player confused. else why do you think the blu-ray movies contain DTS/AVC wrapper instead of direct multichannel WAV ?

FLAC is altogether different thing and losslessly-compressed formats.
ALAC is the fruit company's FLAC.
WMA is M$ lossless

As sud98 suggested, HDtracks is good source of music, i get my 24/194 audios form there only. but the Indian collection are very limited, hence your best bet is iTunes they have better collection of Indian stuffs in ALAC format.
get them and decompressed to WAV if WAV is your ultimate goal :)

and to be exact CD replica, i wont trust any file in any format if that doesn't come from a reputed source with liner notes & log. I can transcode a MP3 to Wav and give it to someone, and i bet 99% chances are there he wont be able to prove the source until he knows technicality of sound engineering, like reading the Spectrogram etc,

Who told you that?

Leave loss, it is not even compressed!
WAV stores all date in bits & bytes, but the at a cost of huge file foot print. Many authentication tools fail to confirm WAV as 100% CDDA.

WAV is a raw-file format and can be forged easily as it lacks any wrapper/container in header information to track down the foot-print of file. ACD format provide this information in form of CD-TEXT written in each disk to prove its authenticity. standalone WAV don't have.

this argument is plagued all over internet and need some illegal tools & links to prove this hence i wont rant anything further. But for me, post 2006/7 i riped my multichannel ACD/SACD to DTS and stereo to FLAC based on my experience & reading many research and experiments over years, and it need lot to prove and convince me to trust & use WAV for digital music atleast :)

Question to think further : if WAV is real lossless, then why majority of international Audio CD published by Indian company Sucks and all Japanese / European edition are outstanding? do Indian make audio cd form mp3 ? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
nope :) your best bet is iTunes they have better collection of Indian stuffs in ALAC format.

Are you certain of this? Apple does not actually state the bitrate but iTunes downloads are 256 kbps as per discussions on iTunes forum and I see that from my own downloads.

Are you certain of this? Apple does not actually state the bitrate but iTunes downloads are 256 kbps as per discussions on iTunes forum and I see that from my own downloads.

256 kbps are AAC, for ALAC they used to mention Apple Lossless Audio File.
Fruit-company has more Indian stuffs & Amazon don't sell lossless of any format.
I'm unaware of the actual % of lossless they have for Indian music. i have just bought one Pakistani sufi ALAC form iTunes store ages ago and converted to flac (which is against their DRM policy & can share with anyone or across different PC , some people may call this piracy).

Update:- just googling around, this is a news to me, they stopped ALAC or what https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4827461
I'm happy the fruit company is dying bit-by-bit :D

with luv, a hardcore iHater.

Last edited:
There is some information on that site which I'm quoting below:

http://www.hdtracks.com/download-format-help/

What do we mean by "lossy audio? Why is FLAC better?"
FLAC files give you all of the sound in a manageable file size, but they are still biggest than MP3 files you may be used to using. The reason MP3 files have smaller file sizes is that the sound files have bits of data removed that the conversion to MP3 processing software assumes are not that important to the sound, and removing data makes for smaller file sizes.

Get the picture?
Think of MP3 as being similar to JPG quality for the pictures you take. Smaller resolution pictures are suitable for viewing on your computer screen, but not so good for printing. Why? Because smaller JPG resolutions take away bits of data from the image that are hard to see missing on your screen, but would cause for a blurry photo when printed. MP3 vs high definition audio works much the same way.MP3 might sound OK on small earbuds, but when playing an MP3 file back through quality sound systems, or even just bigger and better speakers, you will begin to notice what you're missing.

Hear what you've been missing!
With our high definition audio, you not only get all of the sound you would hear on a CD version, in some cases you get much more, even two or three times as much data. That makes for bigger file sizes, but much better sound.

A compact disc contains audio that plays at 44.1kHz/16-bit. HDTracks sells some of its catalog in AIFF format in 44.1kHz/16-bit.

For comparison, our 88.1kHz/24-bit FLAC files gives you profoundly more musical information, twice the amount found on a CD. Think of the CD playing music vs.88.1kHz/24-bit FLAC files as similar to the difference between watching a VHS video tape vs. watching a DVD on your HDTV.

For another comparison, 176.4kHz/24-bit FLAC files would be comparable to watching Blu-Ray video on your HDTV The DVD on an HDTV is going to look a lot better than a VHS tape, and a Blu-Ray is going to look even better!

Our 176.4kHz/24-bit FLAC files are virtual clones of the original master recordings, delivering the experience of sitting in the control room of the recording studio.

For example, with our exclusive Rolling Stones release, ABKCO Records undertook a long and painstaking re-mastering process employing state-of-the-art master tape to digital file transfers using the best in Analog to Digital converters to provide HDtracks with the highest quality music files possible. These albums are unprecedented in quality and are available as FLAC files from HDTracks.com.
What now?

So which format should you choose? That really depends on your preference for file sizes, budget, storage available for music on your computer, and your desired level of sound quality. At HDTracks, you've choosing better High Quality and Highest Quality. Either format is going to be at least twice as good as any CD you've ever played, so either way, you can't go wrong.

We've got a full range of helpful videos, links to software you can download to playback your music purchases through and much more in the FAQ found here in our tutorial section.

1. Audio Interchange File Format (AIFF)
AIFF is a format for storing digital audio data. This format was developed by Apple Computers and is therefore the standard for Apple Macintosh Computer users. AIFF files are uncompressed meaning that the sound quality of the file is uncompromised during the stream. AIFF files are at the top of the list of high quality file formats, although, since uncompressed, result in larger file sizes.
Even though compression shrinks the file into a smaller size, therefore allowing for faster streaming, and less space being taken up on your hard disk, compression slightly affects the sound quality of the file. Compression eliminates certain parts of songs that are outside the normal hearing range of a human being, and therefore unidentifiable by the listener. However, some people can distinguish between compressed and uncompressed files even on cheap stereo systems, while others cannot tell the difference.

2. Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
The FLAC file format has proved in many ways to be one of the best formats in terms of benefits in comparison to competing audio data formats. It is a compressed file; however, since FLAC files are lossless, there is no quality loss. Therefore it is fast, high quality, and does not occupy much space on a hard disk. In addition, the FLAC format is not restricted by patents or DRM, as well as being open format. This allows for format conversions without any loss during the process.
The FLAC format also has a good error resistance. Usually, when streaming errors occur with other formats the stream is destroyed from the point of error to the end of the file. However, FLAC files limit the amount of damage done, and therefore errors only cause about a seconds worth of data loss. The FLAC format is supported by various consumer electronic audio players on the market.

3. Mpeg-1 Audio Layer 3 (MP3)
MP3 is yet another type of audio encoding format. MP3 files are compressed therefore eliminating any sounds that are outside the normal range of a humans hearing ability. Layer 3, the coding scheme, eliminates the excessive information in the file that is redundant and unnecessary.
The main objective of this format is to allow compression of a CD quality song without noticeably affecting the CD quality sound. The compression aids in a speedy download while not taking up a significant amount of space (vs. an uncompressed) on a hard disk.

Welcome to Hifivision.:)
Hello, your information is wrong. Mp3 is lossy and wav formate containing in audio cd is a very high quality and lossless format..

Only sa re ga ma website providing songs in mp3 and Wav format both.. which is legal.

Getting Hindi high quality songs is a pain. Saregama sells mp3 and wav but their wav’s are just decoded mp3s. Even their 320kbps mp3s sound as bad as 96kbps. Being tagged as a wav file is not an indication of audio quality. If you want true high quality Hindi songs, look to get a vinyl collection or rip audio cds yourself to a lossless format like wav.

It's right that mostly (say 50%) of Saregama Wav is same or sourced from MP3, as it sounds like that. Better to listen the 90 seconds preview first (which is also lossy) but still it will give you some idea how it sounds. If it sounds good to you, you can give it a try.

I took backup of my around 1500 audio CDs in .wav (Yes, you heard right) for my PC playback. The reason of choosing .wav over Flac or any other format was it's quality. I understand Flac is also identical to .wav and can save metadata and smaller in file size BUT I don't want to take 0.01% of risk of losing a bit of quality (doesn't matter my ears are unable to hear the difference).
Even if YOU back-up MP3 in 320kbps from original ACDs, it also sounds good, at least better than unknown sourced .wav.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back