Hisense india website live now, another disappointment.

soumyajit92

hey guys, just to let you know, hisense india website is live now and after taking a peek all i can say is that the story remains the same as tcl. they have taken a few years old budget tv and made it the flagship that they have to offer to us indians, along with some other generic panels. not only that, there's just only one size option for h8g that is 65, so for people like me interested in 50-55 inchers we are out of luck. big thumbs down.

one of the models they offer which is also considered a good performer, but a tier below their flagship model h9g.

hey guys, just to let you know, hisense india website is live now and after taking a peek all i can say is that the story remains the same as tcl. they have taken a few years old budget tv and made it the flagship that they have to offer to us indians, along with some other generic panels. not only that, there's just only one size option for h8g that is 65, so for people like me interested in 50-55 inchers we are out of luck. big thumbs down.

Couldn't see the H8G on the website. Found the 65" U7QF model. Seems like a 2020 model.

[edited]
In the comments section its mentioned that its an equivalent model to H8G.

So FALD in 48k in usa,what will be in India?.can we compare with 65fx9500 Sony?
hisense has only one series that is worth to look at that is their h8/h9 series. rest of them seems pretty generic. now even though h8 series is in no way comes in premium segment, but seems like in india that is going to be their flagship model, so expect a flagship price even though in usa they are arnd 48-55k. and that's somehow fine too, i could digest that knowing im at least buying a good panel, but there are no option for smaller sizes and many people like me don't have the space for 65 inch only.

H8G is a new 2020 model.

It is renamed 65U7QF in India:

Rtings review just went live today: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/hisense/h8g

It's second-tier, of course. But at least it's not old. Maybe they will release their top-tier models based on how these are received here.

Personally, I like a FALD TV that is not from the Big3, Samsung, LG and Sony. Otherwise, we only have shitty Edge-lit TVs in budget segment. I was going to get a new TCL that is launching this week, but now I will wait for comparison discussions between this and new TCL and how they are priced.

Last edited:

This is the story with every company. Outdated things are launched in India as flagship models. All thanks to hefty custom duty charges. Even if they launch the top tier model it won't be affordable in India.

It is silly for companies like TCL and Hisense not to invest in production/assembling in a huge market like our country.. If the custom duty is high then why not invest in local production? A company like VU which sells rebranded TVs is doing so well so imagine what a real TV manufacturing company could do with online direct selling like OnePlus and Xiaomi.

A big TV in the living room is a matter of pride for most people and we Indians are no different. Each of these companies can easily sell 1 crore TVs in 2-3 years of production...

This is the story with every company. Outdated things are launched in India as flagship models. All thanks to hefty custom duty charges. Even if they launch the top tier model it won't be affordable in India.

India has FTA agreements with South East Asian countries. That's why Samsung also shifted from making in India to importing from Vietnam/Malaysia. We just assume high customs.

The U7QF(H8G) model seems to be a good option compared to the competitors.
H9G and XD9G havent released anywhere yet. So they might release it in India later once global release is done.

H9G and XD9G havent released anywhere yet. So they might release it in India later once global release is done.
yes it is but sadly no smaller option. There's one more surprising bu very good budget option from samsung this year, check out the frame tv 2020 edition.

The Hisense U7QF is a UK based model and as far as I know it is similar to h8g
Native 60 Hz, 8bit+ FRC pannel is quite a bummer. Expecting a lot from these companies. But it turns out to be a dud

The Hisense U7QF is a UK based model and as far as I know it is similar to h8g
Native 60 Hz, 8bit+ FRC pannel is quite a bummer. Expecting a lot from these companies. But it turns out to be a dud

This website says that it has a 10bit panel? Could it mean that we are not getting the same H8G tv but something else?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back