Hisense U6G vs VU Masterpiece

Aravind Raja

I plan on buying a TV to pair it with my PC to play games and watch SDR and HDR content.
I have shortlisted Hisense U6G, VU Masterpiece.
U6G is cheaper but lacks features like 120hz, hdmi 2.1 but should have better contrast and deeper black as it is a VA panel
Masterpiece costs more and as per the spec sheets it seems to be a better tv than U6G in every way then found that it’s a IPS panel so the contrast should be pretty bad.

Had anyone ever got a chance to use both these TV at the same time and tell me the real pros and cons

Rtings doesn’t have in-depth reviews about Indian TVs and all Indian YouTubers are just random people reading the spec sheet
Techiebeez review seemed ok and I thought masterpiece would be better than U6G but not sure how reputable that channel is.

Please help me pick the best among those 2 or fussed me a tv with better picture quality at similar price

I plan on buying a TV to pair it with my PC to play games and watch SDR and HDR content.
U6G is cheaper but lacks features like 120hz, hdmi 2.1 but should have better contrast and deeper black as it is a VA panel
Masterpiece costs more and as per the spec sheets it seems to be a better tv than U6G in every way then found that it’s a IPS panel so the contrast should be pretty bad.

Had anyone ever got a chance to use both these TV at the same time and tell me the real pros and cons

Rtings doesn’t have in-depth reviews about Indian TVs and all Indian YouTubers are just random people reading the spec sheet
Techiebeez review seemed ok and I thought masterpiece would be better than U6G but not sure how reputable that channel is.

Please help me pick the best among those 2 or fussed me a tv with better picture quality at similar price
My vote VU masterpiece

Hi Aravind:

I do not have knowledge of VU Masterpiece, but I do own a 50" VU PM 50 Android model purchased about two and a half years ago from one of VU's dealer in Mumbai. This TV comes with a 3 year comprehensive warranty at no extra cost. During the short period I have owned this TV, have faced multiple failures like:

1. Remote stopped working - got free replacement of PCB
2. This PCB also failed and was replaced with a new Remote
3. ARC port connected to my Bose 700 Soundbar not working - Complete PCB of TV replaced, still ARC not working
4. After just over 2 years Panel failure - TV set was inspected by technician and picked-up by their service team and returned after 8 days with new Panel replacement.

Perhaps this is a one-off situation experienced by me, as some of the members here are quite happy with the performance. One thing I must appreciate is the promptness with which VU attends to complaints and immediate action being taken. Their service is par excellence, which perhaps is not reflected in their quality.

Hi Aravind:

I do not have knowledge of VU Masterpiece, but I do own a 50" VU PM 50 Android model purchased about two and a half years ago from one of VU's dealer in Mumbai. This TV comes with a 3 year comprehensive warranty at no extra cost. During the short period I have owned this TV, have faced multiple failures like:

1. Remote stopped working - got free replacement of PCB
2. This PCB also failed and was replaced with a new Remote
3. ARC port connected to my Bose 700 Soundbar not working - Complete PCB of TV replaced, still ARC not working
4. After just over 2 years Panel failure - TV set was inspected by technician and picked-up by their service team and returned after 8 days with new Panel replacement.

Perhaps this is a one-off situation experienced by me, as some of the members here are quite happy with the performance. One thing I must appreciate is the promptness with which VU attends to complaints and immediate action being taken. Their service is par excellence, which perhaps is not reflected in their quality.
Thank you for the information.
Isn’t Hisense and VU the same brand so the customer support should be same right?

Isn’t Hisense and VU the same brand so the customer support should be same right?
Same company made both television Vu & hisense ( one example marathi swift & fiat palio both have fiat diesel engines in auto mobile market swift car is clear winner ) in television market swift is VU glo masterpiece

I don't know who provides service support for Hisense, since VU have their own service setup. As per information provided by various VU service technicians who visited my place, they have an assembly unit at Bhiwandi (Thane distt.) and their TVs are shipped from there.

My vote VU masterpiece
Is it true that VU Masterpiece 55 inch is VA and the 65inch is IPS?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back