Hiss sound from VU 40 LED

Amitkg

I recently bought a VU 40 LED from Flipkart, model no. 40D6575. Picture quality is really stunning, black level is great. Audio output is OK for a mid-sized room. Already watched few Blu-ray movies, picture quality is at per with Samsung and LG. But I have found one issue; whenever I connect my amp or 2.1 channel HT to its 3.5 audio out, I hear profound HISS on the speakers. Hiss is also present when I watch videos from USB, another thing, I have noticed that when it is connected to amp or 2.1 HT and while watching if I mute or un-mute audio from TV remote, I hear ear-piercing thump, in one occasion my amp clipped. but when I don't use 3.5 audio out, sound is absolutely fine. Bottom line is I can't connect anything to 3.5 audio-out.
My question to FMs, VU owners in particular, (and to Micromax owners, as piecewise both brands fall in same bracket) is this normal to all VU and other budget LED TVs? Another FM has faced the similar issue with his 32" VU; actually, his post prompted me to check and I found the same issue with my TV. Now I am in dilemma, if I raise a request for replacement and then receive a TV which has more problem, I'll be in soup.

Not sure whether its relevant to this topic..thought of adding some info on this.

We used to get the hiss sound in from the normal speakers itself. This problem happened after changing the mother board. Since we dont use this tv for main purpose, we didnt care about that. But later on the technician told that the problem is with the power supply and replaced it.

The tv is working fine till now :).

It looks like at least low end vu TV has the hiss problem in 3.5mm jack. Since my TV had that issue, I asked for replacement from flipkart and even then the replacement piece had the hiss noise. You just got to live with it.

One alternative would be to plug in the STB to 2.1 speakers via RCA to 3.5mm cable and just video to TV from STB. But then for usb, you will need to use TV speakers.

If you are using 3.5mm to RCA wire then Try to disconnect one channel. See if hiss goes and mono one channel is clear. If that is the case then you are dealing with floating ground in headphone output. Its by design and I have seen my neighbors LG LCD TV also.

If you are using 3.5mm to RCA wire then Try to disconnect one channel. See if hiss goes and mono one channel is clear. If that is the case then you are dealing with floating ground in headphone output. Its by design and I have seen my neighbors LG LCD TV also.
------------------------------------------------
Thanks @Omishra,
I tried it but no joy, hiss is present even when I disconnect one channel from amp/2.1 channel speaker system. I think, I have to live with this issue as fellow FM HarshaRaj mentioned. @20K price point, no other TV offers this much VFM. I've gone through various forums and reviews. VU TVs are ahead of Micromax, in terms of quality and performance as it's made by a reputed Chinese manufacturer Hisense. and this 'Hiss' is present in all VU TVs, even VU UHD TVs are no exception. The VU technician, who came over my place, also confirmed this and said that VU's also aware of the issue.
I mainly use this VU 40incher as a computer monitor for watching movies from HTPC and USB drive.
Flipkart has offered either replacement or refund.. I am confused. If you have any other suggestion/advice, please contribute.......

Hi Amit, even I bought this TV model and for USB movies it is quite good for the price...Maybe the hiss is Hisense's way of reminding you about their brand.. hehehehe... I am quite satisfied though with the performance with respect to the price I paid...

Hi Amit, even I bought this TV model and for USB movies it is quite good for the price...Maybe the hiss is Hisense's way of reminding you about their brand.. hehehehe... I am quite satisfied though with the performance with respect to the price I paid...

:lol::lol::lol: Hisense = Hiss(ense) ,,, Yeah, Now, I get it

Yes, it does. Situation is more like having a nagging wife. Initially one is perturbed but as days go by he adjusts and tries to live with it.

Hello everyone, I bought VU 40D6575 few days ago. Picture quality is too good but color profile is not natural. I got the code 1969 is working to get into service menu but have no clue about what to change/edit there. anyone kindly show me some light. 34095

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back