Hitachi Projector, Cambridge Audio CD player, Polk Audio sub-woofer repaired in Pune

Aditya41

Hi,
Went through a couple of similar sites. And now i'm here.
I had an issue with the power supply at my place. The voltage went high and some things got toasted. Among them is the home theatre equipment. The projector, a Hitachi PJ TX 10, a Polk Audio sub-woofer and a Cambridge Audio CD player have developed problems. They are all dead.
I called a local shop guy. He could not really manage to even open the projector to access the fuse or whatever....the CD player fuse had gone. But went again when replaced. I did not let him open the sub-woofer as he did not seem competent to handle this equipment.
Is there someone in Pune, to whom i could take this equipment and get it fixed. Or better, if someone could visit and sort it out. Am new here and don't know the place still.
It's good to have these kind of forums. Wondering if some technicians are on this forum and could help.........
Aditya

Re: Hitachi Projector, Cambridge Audio CD player, Polk Audio sub-woofer repaired in P

Contact Mr. Sharat Advani. His contact number is 9890515000. He does repair of most hi-end audio, video equipments in Pune.

Re: Hitachi Projector, Cambridge Audio CD player, Polk Audio sub-woofer repaired in P

Thanks sups. Called Mr. Sharat. Said he would visit this afternoon. Will keep you posted.

Yes guys......Mr.Sharat visited. The Polk Audio sub-woofer was fixed. The CD player was fixed. Infact, the Wii gaming console which had also blown was fixed. I was told by someone that i would have to scrap it. But the projector has some major issues. Mr.Sharat said the track in the power section had got burnt and ruptured along with two components. It is fixable but he said he would get back to me in 3-4 days after confirming the extent of damage and cost of repair. So let me be prepared for the worst.
Will keep you posted.
Thanks.

Phew, That was a scare man, good to know that most of the stuff is back in business...:)

Hopefully, the projector will join the gang soon...:)

I use the services of Mr. Pradeep Pataskar. His shop is near Bal Gandharva opposite to Savarkar Bhavan. His contact numbers are 9371008497 or 020-25533780.

He repaired:

- my 29" LG TV. It was one of the very first 29" model. Its parts were not available as it was a CKD kit imported.
- repaired my turntable. The belt was damaged and parts were not available
- repaired by Pioneer Hi-Fi system

I find him reliable and honest. My LG TV was lying with him for nearly 8 months for want of parts but he never said "take your TV back; it is beyond me".

O.K.......Finally, the projector is fixed and hooked up. Yahoo! All things fixed.
Great!......
I am glad and thankful for the suggestions i got on this forum.
Will be in touch.
Aditya

Hey Aditya,
Great man you got all your devices back to serve you. BTW what were the charges for the service?
Just curious?

Thanks,
Murali.

time to ENJOY!!!!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back