Hivi D1200 vs Polk Audio Signa S2 Soundbar

roygarg

Hi, All,

I need speakers to use with my LG UQ7500 TV. I have been using it with my over a decade old Altec Lansing VS2621 2.1 speakers that have been paired with the TV with the help of a Bluetooth receiver. It is sad that most TVs now no longer come with 3.5 mm jacks.

• The speakers will be used primarily for watching movies and occasionally for music.
  • I prefer HDMI connectivity as I can then control the speaker volume using the TV remote. I can settle for optical too if the improvement in sound is worth the added hassle of having a separate remote.
  • I would love to have a dedicated sub but can settle for a 2.0 if the bass is comparable to my old Altec.

Please note that my budget is limited to around 15k. I currently have shortlisted the Hivi D1200 and the Polk Audio Signa S2 Soundbar. Anyone here using either of them? Would love to hear from experience.

Any other suggestions that you may have?

Thank you for reading.

I have HiVi D1200 purchased 6 months back . This is definitely an audiophile grade bookshelf speaker.It can put a shame to any standard 5.1, 2.1 within 40K budget category for music . I am using for my 15 x 22 room mainly for music listening purpose. Bass is adequate one you increase the volume at 50%. It has aptX codec support which is way better than standard SBC . Other connectivity goes with coaxial, Digital in which I am not using. As far as your requirement is concerned ; If your main purpose is to watch TV, Movies content then go for sound system with woofer . HiVi is best suited for music .

I have HiVi D1200 purchased 6 months back . This is definitely an audiophile grade bookshelf speaker.It can put a shame to any standard 5.1, 2.1 within 40K budget category for music . I am using for my 15 x 22 room mainly for music listening purpose. Bass is adequate one you increase the volume at 50%. It has aptX codec support which is way better than standard SBC . Other connectivity goes with coaxial, Digital in which I am not using. As far as your requirement is concerned ; If your main purpose is to watch TV, Movies content then go for sound system with woofer . HiVi is best suited for music .
Thank you for your input. I am also on the lookout for the D1090. How is the movie watching experience with the D1200?

Thank you for your input. I am also on the lookout for the D1090. How is the movie watching experience with the D1200?
Honestly i have not used it much for movies . Initialy i connected it to TV using coaxial point ; just to check if all ports are fine after the delivery.
It was pretty good with the TV contents. Mostly i use casual bluetooth streaming for music listening.

Honestly i have not used it much for movies . Initialy i connected it to TV using coaxial point ; just to check if all ports are fine after the delivery.
It was pretty good with the TV contents. Mostly i use casual bluetooth streaming for music listening.
Alright.

Hey. Had a query. Can the Bluetooth in the D1200 be turned off to prevent others from pairing accidentally? I read about this issue with the D1080 and D1090 in which the Bluetooth is always available irrespective of the mode set on the speaker.

Also, is there any place in Bangalore where I can demo the D1200 or other Swans speakers?

Hey. Had a query. Can the Bluetooth in the D1200 be turned off to prevent others from pairing accidentally? I read about this issue with the D1080 and D1090 in which the Bluetooth is always available irrespective of the mode set on the speaker.

Also, is there any place in Bangalore where I can demo the D1200 or other Swans speakers?
There is no complete switch-off option for Bluetooth. You can only select the sources from remote and rest all other sources will be active in parallel; be it Bluetooth or coax or optical. I don't find any issue with it .

In Bangalore you will not get any demo for audiophile grade speakers below 50K category. Most of the Hifi stores wont keep the speakers for demo under this budget.

Back