HMV fiesta repairing

dr.partha

Hi my friends, one of my HMV fiesta popular amplifier is not working. I took it to a person who is highly experienced in repairing tts. He checked it and told me that the transistors are not working and he couldn't arrange the same. Please tell me , can I use a modern amplifier (ic circuit) by replacing the old one? If possible, what other changes I've to make? Should I change the transformer too?
Thanks..

Hi my friends, one of my HMV fiesta popular amplifier is not working. I took it to a person who is highly experienced in repairing tts. He checked it and told me that the transistors are not working and he couldn't arrange the same. Please tell me , can I use a modern amplifier (ic circuit) by replacing the old one? If possible, what other changes I've to make? Should I change the transformer too?
Thanks..

The amplifier board of the fiesta is a very simple piece of electronics but sounds quite nice. Replacing the amplifier may work for you but your fiesta will never sound the same. The amplifier solutions that are available do not have inbuilt RIAA equalization for ceramic cartridges and hence the sound will be flat and screechy. If you are game for it, you can courier the Fiesta board and powersupply with transformer, to me and I'll get its original amp up and running for you.

Replaced successfully with 6286... now my small old fiesta is up and running. Thanks all of you.

Last edited:
Also replaced the old cartridge and stylus with new EEI ceramic cartridge... Now it sounds much loud, clear and better than before.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back