"HOBBIES OTHER THAN MUSIC" - (Share more about the 'creative you' in here)

Sidharth Trehan

DEAR ALL,
IT SHALL BE A PLEASURE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT EACH OTHER.
HENCE, PLEASE FEEL TO SHARE YOUR HOBBIES BESIDES YOUR PASSION FOR MUSIC.

P.S.
Along with a few lines about the second creative edge apart from music, please support the context with any online links to your creative profiles (blogs, photogallery, painting gallery etc) OR add Photographs in here.

CHEERS!
-----------

MY SECOND HOBBY: PHOTOGRAPHY
As for myself i have been very keen on Photography and had picked a camera a few years back. Used to click for hobby but was also lucky to have sold a few pictures as well.

Used to click with Canon 5D and then Canon 5D MKII, with lenses from Canon like - 16-35mm f2.8, 24-105mm f4, 50mm f1.4, 100mm f208, 70-200 f2.8 IS, 135mm f2.0

Heres a link to some of my pictures online - Flickr: .windowshopper.'s Photostream
(Also some of them could be found on my Facebook Profile)

I was so keen on meeeting up other fellow amateur photographers like me that i used to search various social sites to look in for people who had mentioned photography as their hobby (from DELHI/NCR). Then after sometime when i knew enough i coined a group on flickr which was titled DFC (Delhi Fotography Club) - Flickr: DFC - *all about Digital, Film, Cameras, Lenses & Friends!

You can find the same group on Facebook as - (Indian Photographers - DFC)

But since i could not devote much of time into Photography since last 1 year so i left it to only dwell deeper into music. I could sell my camera equipments to invest into my Home Theater gadgets. And for now, i usually stay home and not click much. Have retired myself from the photography group i created after having put other credible members on the administration panel to take up responsibilities of driving the group, organising workshops & events as we used to do since last 3 yrs.

Now music, HFV forum & our meetups is the only hobby that keeps me happily occupied. Its been wonderful being here.

Wishes
Sid

Nice thread, Sid.
I dabble in (very) amateur photography. I used to own a Panasonic FZ20 superzoom P&S, outgrew it and now use a Canon 500D with kit lens and a F/1.8 Prime.

Other than photography, I am very interested in graphic designs. Recently purchased a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet. Also been working on designing my own font which somehow has fallen by the wayside:eek:. I restrict myself to freeware graphic applications like GIMP and Paint.NET as well as the excellent vector graphic application Inkscape. For some time used chori maal Photoshop and Illustrator but have given them up completely. Very powerful softwares, these are. But I am no pro and hence decided to be safe. Another very powerful, though not intuitive software for folks interested in 3D design and animation is Blender.

Other than above, I still love riding my bike:)
Joshua

Good to hear of a fellow photography enthusiast. No online links to share?

Also, search for InderAnim on google. you should come across flickr gallery and some designs. These designs are by a very young friend of mine - Inder. I love his work.

He had won a first prize at a Wacom contest n brought home the Wacom wide Tablet. Quite a creative guy. Will love to see ur designs as well.

Cheers

Heres a link to some of my pictures online - Flickr: .windowshopper.'s Photostream
(Also some of them could be found on my Facebook Profile)
Hi,
Very good photography work there. lots of use of depth and perpective. I see lots of subject in your pictures are cutoff and are in corner. A technique used by ...

toulouse-lautrec_at-the-mou.jpg

^ french artist Toulouse-Lautrec to give subject a movement.

Thanks for sharing :)

Not necessarily artistic as Sidharth envisioned in the title but my others hobbies include collecting knifes and flashlights :cool: The former has taken a backseat as my current work location is not very knife import friendly!

Had been using different Maglites earlier but then discoverd Sunfire, Pelican etc. Lately I find myself using the Pelicon 7060 and the awesome 5.11 Tactical UC3.400 My latest add-on is this cute little XL100 LED flashlight from Maglite. Here's an online review from a fellow enthusiast.

YouTube - Good Stuff : New Maglite XL100 Review

Fantastic thread Sid :). Hobbies for me other than music are reading books (includes magazines, stories, comics :D) and travelling.

Sidharth ji, Blown away by the pics, esp street talk. You have a thing for desat and B&W dont you? I like it too. And some great glass you have got. I have tried a 5dmk2 with 70-200L , lovely it was.

Anyways, your second hobby is also my second hobby. Photography.But I am a rank newbie.
I use a Nikon D200 with Nikkor 50mm F1.8, Nikkor 18-55 VR DX, sigma 70-300mm APO DG Macro.

Other than that, I love riding my bike. I was one of the exceptional nuts who turned up at last years Ridermania on a Pulsar 180! Riding, travelling and photography go together.

Reading is another hobby. Nothing serious, just John Grisham, James Patterson, Mario Puzo etc

Used to be into assembling computers at one time, but now cant hook up my cabinets led indicators properly to my board!

Titus

I collect Coins of various Country and also Stamps, I am collecting it for the past 15 years and has a huge collections of stamps and coins, Once in a month i take out these collection and spend a couple of hours with them.

Vijay.

This is turning out like a conversation of sorts.

@ Vijay
Do u get to travel around the countries? Or u trade in the collections?

@ Titus
Thanks for the kind words and good to know that u carry a cam as well. I hv left clicking for good now. Just have a film cam - Canon 1v and a 135mm 2.0 lens, which is my fav. I need to renew my flickr account for the complete collection to be visible. As of now its half or less than that i believe.

Anyway, u got any link to your pics?

Thanks Hiten bhai.
How about your hobby? U fond of paintings?

Hi,
Very good photography work there. lots of use of depth and perpective. I see lots of subject in your pictures are cutoff and are in corner. A technique used by ...

toulouse-lautrec_at-the-mou.jpg

^ french artist Toulouse-Lautrec to give subject a movement.

Thanks for sharing :)

Sid,
I have commented on one of your pics in your Flickr account. You can follow that.
Or if you are lazy like me ;-)
Flickr: shutterbug!'s Photostream

Disclaimer: Not much that I have uploaded and in that,nothing great in there!

And Sid, I wouldnt mind some critical comments on my pics, when you have the time.

Last edited:
Some neat shots. Loved the Cathedral. Will spend time once am online via comp.

BUT, best was to have the glimpse of his highness Suri saab. Tks to hv shared the link.

Cheers

Sid,
I have commented on one of your pics in your Flickr account. You can follow that.
Or if you are lazy like me ;-)
Flickr: shutterbug!'s Photostream

Disclaimer: Not much that I have uploaded and in that,nothing great in there!

And Sid, I wouldnt mind some critical comments on my pics, when you have the time.

Traveling.

Discovering Zen: Chitkul to Ladakh

Up till now, my life has been "just" hobbies. Have had to give 'em up for one reason or the other, voluntarily or non-voluntarily. Traveling, as a hobby is also probably in its last stages, since I no longer can relate to the feeling like I did before. Guess, its about time I had a job ! :indifferent14:

For me,apart from music, reading has been a life long love-all types of reading.
Give me a good book,have some fav music playing ( & mebbe a glass/mug of you know what!) & I'm a happy man.
Have recently taken up cooking( more disasters than successes so far, I'm afraid).
Now, another one of my great joys is to meet fellow audiophiles-gives me a real, great high.
Sid, am very impressed with your photography skills-I thought Sanjay was the only person I knew who wielded a mean camera!
You definitely should NOT give it up- there's poetry in the pics as well as the captions.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back