Home Made 5.1 channel speakers

amit46

I made these speakers at home right from scratch. They are world famous Dynamic Series 4TSE and 4CCSE, all designs are on the net in pdf file, surround speakers are MTM design.
All drivers were purchased online from DIYAudiocart. The Peerless Fabrikkerne (I) Ltd. makes world class drivers. My sub woofer driver is from JBL and it is driven by a Rockford Fosgate Amplifier with a power rating of 150 watts R.M.S.
All crossover networks are made at home. They are three-way 12db/octave butterworth with reverse polarity for bandpass section. The inductors are home made with a coil winding jig....used more than 8 kgs of copper wire!!! and varnished them with Dr.Becks air drying varnish. High end Audio grade capacitors from DIYAudiocart and direct import thru online are used. Double side flared vents as per design are also purchase online from USA.
All speaker cabinets are made of 19mm MDF boards and finished with teak ply of 4mm. and finished with Nerolac sealer and matt finish 2k PU.
Speaker cloth is Black Chunni (ladies wear) of high quality!!!!! I am using a Denon 5.2 channel AVR model:AVR-X510BT.
The performance is absolutely far out with a world class center speaker where all the main audio is in a typical home theater, all the Blu-ray DTS-HD-Master playback of various artist was just as if it was real!!
Anyone needs more information about DIY stuff I would be glad to help.

Last edited:
Really brilliant. Keep up the good work and if possible share some high res pictures with us.

A giant look man.. Simply awesome. Can you please post your subwoofer image again. Because it is not that clear in the photo.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back