Home Made 5.1 channel speakers

amit46

I made these speakers at home right from scratch. They are world famous Dynamic Series 4TSE and 4CCSE, all designs are on the net in pdf file, surround speakers are MTM design.
All drivers were purchased online from DIYAudiocart. The Peerless Fabrikkerne (I) Ltd. makes world class drivers. My sub woofer driver is from JBL and it is driven by a Rockford Fosgate Amplifier with a power rating of 150 watts R.M.S.
All crossover networks are made at home. They are three-way 12db/octave butterworth with reverse polarity for bandpass section. The inductors are home made with a coil winding jig....used more than 8 kgs of copper wire!!! and varnished them with Dr.Becks air drying varnish. High end Audio grade capacitors from DIYAudiocart and direct import thru online are used. Double side flared vents as per design are also purchase online from USA.
All speaker cabinets are made of 19mm MDF boards and finished with teak ply of 4mm. and finished with Nerolac sealer and matt finish 2k PU.
Speaker cloth is Black Chunni (ladies wear) of high quality!!!!! I am using a Denon 5.2 channel AVR model:AVR-X510BT.
The performance is absolutely far out with a world class center speaker where all the main audio is in a typical home theater, all the Blu-ray DTS-HD-Master playback of various artist was just as if it was real!!
Anyone needs more information about DIY stuff I would be glad to help.

Last edited:
Really too Good ... Wish i Could zoom the Photos and see them in more detail.. Was the Cutting & Routing Done on CNC?

Really too Good ... Wish i Could zoom the Photos and see them in more detail.. Was the Cutting & Routing Done on CNC?
I have a regular router machine with circle cutting tool and the right router bit.
The router is from Eldeco an Indian company costing Rs.3500 at Dehradun.

Congratulations,they look very nice.How do they sound?
The tower speakers and center speakers are three way, with no lobbing error in the midrange and tweeter arrangement, plus I used an impedance correction Zobel network parallel to the midrange drivers which gave a super good response and no dips at the crossover frequency.
They sound absolutely a high end system!!

looking super. Hoping to see the photos in detail.
will post more close up photos asap with speaker cloth grills removed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Amit46,
Just one word....Superb!

Qudos to you.

you literally have added one more reason to visit Dehradun.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tower speakers and center speakers are three way, with no lobbing error in the midrange and tweeter arrangement, plus I used an impedance correction Zobel network parallel to the midrange drivers which gave a super good response and no dips at the crossover frequency.
They sound absolutely a high end system!!
Well if you can upload a video,it will be a nice treat for ears.;)

hi amit,

Great build, it can't be said a diy approach,certainly better then the branded stuff.

Hats off to your effort,my eyes are pleased only ears are eagerly waiting to listen to
your setup,can you post some demo.

Even i am using peerless Fabrikkerne (I) Ltd drivers for my ht setup,12inch sub is already done,for center (mtm) already acquired peerless (m13nh & tl25sn) box yet to build and also my mains are half done plus surround,would require your help to complete my project.

I think you too are using the same (mtm)drivers like mine,plus the yellow cone driver, i think should be kevlar m16ki,coz the earlier m16kh is not available now.

what is your hall dimension,just to know why are you using so many midrange/midbass drivers for the center and mains.

keep in touch

regards

Back