Home Theater Setup Around 60-70K

balzac

Hi All,

I am a novice to this fields and would like the guidance of the experts out here.

I have been doing some research to buy myself a home theater system. I have room size of 12x12 (one side is the window pane and other open to the dinning section). Effective viewing distance is 10ft on a 40inch television with source being my HTPC (Intel NUC). My usage is 75% is Movies and 25% Audio.

So, I would break my questions in the following sections:

>> Buying Guide:
-- Is there some price ratio which should be maintained between the AVR and the Speakers? I mean 40-60 (40% on AVR and 60% on Speakers)

-- Should I go for a 5.1 Speaker system?

>> AVR Option:
-- In my findings I found the Denon 520BT to be a value for money. Are there are other alternative or would Denon suffice?

>> Speakers:
-- This is where it gets really confusing for me. There are just SOO MANY BRANDS. JBL, Tannoy, Paradigm, Focal, etc.

Can you suggest some good satellite speakers.

>> Dealers:
-- Is buying for "Alpha Store" in Mumbai, a good option?
-- How is "Fair Deal" in Mumbai? How is the
-- Any suggestions for good dealers in Pune? I have been to AVxcellence, Soundscape and Sound Factor.

>> My Combination:
-- Denon 520BT + JBL 610 Cinema Speakers
-- Onkyo 343 + Paradigm 5.1 Speakers
-- Has anyone gone for this pairing? How do you find the same?

I request you all to help me out in this.

Thanks!

Hi

The options mentioned by you are good. Entry level home theatre systems like the Yamaha 299 start from 35k+ and there are a lot of combinations of AVRs and Speakers available in the market.....Mumbai has a lot of dealers where you can come and audition and decide for yourself......end of the day....you are gonna use it yourself....

If you feel that you will keep updating the AVR as time flies due to gimmicks updated or introduced by competitors..then would advise you to look at pre owned stuff in the For Sale by Owner Section and Hi Fi Ads.....there is some good equipment available at reasonable rates.....

If you are based in Mumbai, there is a guy selling a Marantz SR5008 which is 7.2 AVR ...one of the reputed high end AVRs globally......he is also selling 5.1 speakers BIC America speakers which based on your HT area is more than enough......check the details on HiFi Ads....all the best......there are also other options....

Hi All,

I am a novice to this fields and would like the guidance of the experts out here.

I have been doing some research to buy myself a home theater system. I have room size of 12x12 (one side is the window pane and other open to the dinning section). Effective viewing distance is 10ft on a 40inch television with source being my HTPC (Intel NUC). My usage is 75% is Movies and 25% Audio.

>> Buying Guide:
-- Is there some price ratio which should be maintained between the AVR and the Speakers? I mean 40-60 (40% on AVR and 60% on Speakers)

When you watch more movies, yes you need a 5.1 system to enjoy...

Nope..there is no ratio... Shortlist the system with the features that you are looking for in your budget...

>> AVR Option:
-- In my findings I found the Denon 520BT to be a value for money. Are there are other alternative or would Denon suffice?

There are handful of AVR in that price range.. Take a look @ similar offering from different brands and then decide..

>> Speakers:
-- This is where it gets really confusing for me. There are just SOO MANY BRANDS. JBL, Tannoy, Paradigm, Focal, etc.

Speaker Systems : Taga Harmony inMOVE 5.1 Home Theater Package If you find any other speaker package better than this, go for it..

>> Dealers:
-- Any suggestions for good dealers in Pune? I have been to AVxcellence, Soundscape and Sound Factor.

You can consider hifimart.com too if you are getting a good price than the dealers...

>> My Combination:

Thanks!

You can consider Pioneer AVR's too on hifimart.com..

Hi, which paradigm speakers are you looking at & at what price?

I've enquired with JBL dealers in Delhi, as per them, only cinema 510 is currently available. Cinema 610/300/500 are not available n some new models may come out soon.

Thank You for the input guys.

When I go to dealer here in Pune, I get to hear some new brand all together and which baffles me. I would check here, if some one has Taga Harmony for auditioning and other brands too.

The Paradigm speakers which I later inquired was for 70k (my Total amount of the setup would go in the speakers itself.). So for the time being I have dropped the idea.

Now, I have limited options in terms of a 5.1 Setup:
- Morel Beat-x 5.1
- JBL 610 Cinema (around 40K)
- Taga Harmony (Need to get an audition for this)

Thank You for the input guys.

When I go to dealer here in Pune, I get to hear some new brand all together and which baffles me. I would check here, if some one has Taga Harmony for auditioning and other brands too.

The Paradigm speakers which I later inquired was for 70k (my Total amount of the setup would go in the speakers itself.). So for the time being I have dropped the idea.

Now, I have limited options in terms of a 5.1 Setup:
- Morel Beat-x 5.1
- JBL 610 Cinema (around 40K)
- Taga Harmony (Need to get an audition for this)

>> Buying Guide:

>> AVR Option:

>> Speakers:

Your listening space is almost identical to mine except instead of window pane I have french doors kept open permanently.
My suggestion would be to pay attention to speakers, these tend to stay with you longer than electronics. AVRs these days are changing every year.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi All,

>> Buying Guide:

>> AVR Option:

>> Speakers:

>> Dealers:

>> My Combination:

Thanks!

The Denon 520BT is good avr to start with, imho u can start with two bookshelves and center first(very good for movies) and later u can add surround and subwoofers. Dont go for tiny 5.1 wallspeakers for the cost effectiveness. Later you will find it as bad when u hear music on it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back