Home Theater System Advice Needed

anngadc

Hello guys,this is my first post here.I want advice from all you guys as i have no idea about home theater systems.I am planning to convert one of the room in my house into a home theater and looking out for a complete home theater system and 46 '' LED Tv, please advise me as to which is the best out there. My budget is around 15-20 lakhs for the home theater system & LED Tv. Looking forward to your advice.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@anngadc, a grand welcome to HFV.....

Its been fantastic to know that you are planning for a separate HT room with a grand budget.... Great....:clapping::yahoo:

@anngadc, a grand welcome to HFV.....

Its been fantastic to know that you are planning for a separate HT room with a grand budget.... Great....:clapping::yahoo:

thank you,my father has been planing a HT since a long time now but now has given me the responsibility to complete the whole setup within the next one month.

You have not mentioned the room size. Since you have a decent enough budget you can think of a 55" or even 65" TV. 55" LED TV will cost 2L while 65" will be 3.25L. Better still, you can contemplate a projector and screen which will work out cheaper also (together 1.8L).

If your room is less than 150 sq. feet, you can think of an AVR such as Denon 1912 or equivalent (45-48k). If the room is near 200 sq. ft., you can go to Denon 2312 (60k) or 3312 (75k) or equivalent.

Speakers will have to be matched with the AVR chosen. For small size room, there is no need for 7.1 (overkill) and 5.1 will be sufficient. For larger room (which is also rectangularly longer - say 18 ft), you can think of 7.1. A 5.1 setup should be close to 85-90K while 7.1 will be 1.2L.

Cables and interconnects will cost close to 10k.

The rest is all about acoustic treatment, sofa/recliners, etc.

my room area is around 200 sq ft. projector screen will be too big for the room.which for speakers are the best for Denon 3312 or 3313.

friend for a 20 lakh budget you must buy a jvc projector for 5 lakhs and a screen for 1 lakh....
also buy a 46 tv.....
you have a super budget.
at least try epson 8100 for 1.4 lakh and a 70k screen from da lite or any other...

that is an experience which is simpley just not comparable even with a 50 inch hifh class 10 lakh tv...........

well thats my opinion...

for your room you will get solid avr at 1 lakh....invest another 2.5 lakh for quality speakers and sub...7.1 is not really needed..

200 sq ft ..so what...you can enjoy at 70 inch diagnal...120 inch cant be fit in...
even i have a small room..like 20*12..i enjoy my inexpensive diy projector so much...and think of epson 6100/8100..what they can do...i project on longer wall..so there is a 10/12 ft projection distance...

Last edited:
so is a projector and wall screen better option than a LED TV?i will have about 12-15 ft between the screen and seating.and if LED what are the sizes i can go for?

I recently watched Optoma Full HD projector and it was a wonderful experiment. Felt like being in Cinema. There was a 40" LED also in the demo room and believe me you will never watch it after seeing this projector. I suggest you to contact professional installers. At your budget they will come to your home and do all the work.

I recently watched Optoma Full HD projector and it was a wonderful experiment. Felt like being in Cinema. There was a 40" LED also in the demo room and believe me you will never watch it after seeing this projector. I suggest you to contact professional installers. At your budget they will come to your home and do all the work.

Even i was thinking to contact a professional installer.Any Recommendation for a good professional installer in Mumbai.

Felt like being in Cinema. There was a 40" LED also in the demo room and believe me you will never watch it after seeing this projector.

happened to me...:D:D in spite of my low light output pj
my tv is turned on really once in a while now for movie watch..

Last edited:
so is a projector and wall screen better option than a LED TV?i will have about 12-15 ft between the screen and seating.and if LED what are the sizes i can go for?

why wall screen:sad:
..you will get decent screens at 50k acording to your size requrement...
better on a higher budget

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back