Home Theater Under 1 lac

vineetsingh

I am looking at buying a new home theater system for a 10ftx13ft TV lounge. I need 3D Blue Ray with Wifi/Apple TV connectivity. I was looking at buying the Violet3D system...but they still don't have HDMI! They say that will launch one in Dec and even I buy now...I just have to Buy the new console!! Pl. advise? Will Apple TV work on this system?

Else, will look at different options with the total budget being a one lac. Pl. advise on best package. I live in Delhi.

Tx

Vineet

no very bad choice......
at your budget you buy denon 1912 and polk spekaers.
there are much choices also marantz/onkyo 609/yamaha etc...
also try other spekers whrfedale/sonodyne/monitor audio/paradigm etc...
dont hurry demo and decide...in delhi there are several hi fi shops.
also try this sites hi fi mart section..at 1 lakh therte are many choices..

polk Tsi series...u will get 5 spkr and a denon 1912 within 85-90 k....but for a good sub another 30k is needed.
about sub mmodel I cannt say..velodyne and svs are good but very expensive..
u can also try sonodyne spker and sub paired with marantz or denon very very good vfm spker.
demo is very neccesary what suits ur ears.

for your room size bookshelfs are enough no need to buy fs..in Tsi series u will get fs within that budget..I mentioned consediring you may have a fancy for fs....if buy bookshelf then within 1 lakh... 1 sub.. a denon avr... and 5 spker are easily possible.

edit-I just cheked profx has many showrroms/branches in delhi....u visit them they keep denon and polk both..so can have a good demo.

Last edited:
I am looking at buying a new home theater system for a 10ftx13ft TV lounge. I need 3D Blue Ray with Wifi/Apple TV connectivity. I was looking at buying the Violet3D system...but they still don't have HDMI! They say that will launch one in Dec and even I buy now...I just have to Buy the new console!! Pl. advise? Will Apple TV work on this system?

Else, will look at different options with the total budget being a one lac. Pl. advise on best package. I live in Delhi.

Tx

Vineet

If you are looking for Value for money product (as they are made in India), Here you go......

Sonodyne Avant range Welcome To Sonodyne

Sonodyne Sonus range Welcome To Sonodyne

For Sonus, i can vouch..... you will not be disappointed :clapping:

You also have more options in speakers, Wharfedale ( Vardus & Diamond), Polk (TSi & RTi range), PSB (Alpha & Image)

How's this:
AE Neo 1 black ash(Pair)
AE Neo 3 black ash (pair)
AE Neo 7 black ash (one no)
AE Neo 8 Sub black ( one no)
The MRP of the above package is Rs 2.10 lacs, the best price after discounts :- Rs 87,500/-
TXNR 515 MRP Rs 56,000/- , the best price after discount: - Rs 54,000/-

Tx

Vineet

cant say about neo as have never auditioned...
and thats only spkr..avr??
anyway you demo and decide.
also audion sonodyne showroom in delhi..they are real ggod products and also they keep denon and marantz for demo purpose....to be paired with

There are plenty of AV stores in Delhi. As first step do visit all the stores and try to listen to as many speaker brands as you can with different avrs and amps. That should give you a better idea on what kind of sound you like. Based on your room size and budget you can decide whether you want a Sub Sat , BS or a FS based setup.

Lakozy Electronics & Services

Tx

Vineet

For 3d blue ray players, probably one of the best in the Indian Market you may decide between Sony BDP S480 or Panasonic DMP-BDT110.

If the total cost is going beyond your budget, then you can buy in parts like I did.

First set = AV Receiver + Floor standers pair
Second set = Sub + Center
Third set = Surrond Speakers.

Hi guys,

Pl. give your feedback on the foll:
1.**DLS Flatbox Mini*- 5.0 - Rs.35k.*Flatbox Slim Mini - wall speaker in black piano.
2. Pioneer AVR VSX922 - Rs. 40k. Good iControl app.
3. Denon AVR * 1713 - Rs.37k.
4. Onkyo AVR 515 - Rs.37k.
5.* Paradigm - Cinema CT100 - Rs.50k.
6. Wharfedale -*Moviestar MS-100 HCP (Sub Piano Finish) -Rs.38k.
7. Wharfedale Moviestar DX-1 HCP (Piano Finish) - Rs.45k.

Pl advise on best combination and prices. Since my room is small (10ft x 13ft), so I have ruled out FS speakers.*Any other speaker system I shd check out?

Tx

Pl. give your feedback on the foll:
1.**DLS Flatbox Mini*- 5.0 - Rs.35k.*Flatbox Slim Mini - wall speaker in black piano.
2. Pioneer AVR VSX922 - Rs. 40k. Good iControl app.
3. Denon AVR * 1713 - Rs.37k.
4. Onkyo AVR 515 - Rs.37k.
5.* Paradigm - Cinema CT100 - Rs.50k.
6. Wharfedale -*Moviestar MS-100 HCP (Sub Piano Finish) -Rs.38k.
7. Wharfedale Moviestar DX-1 HCP (Piano Finish) - Rs.45k.

Pl advise on best combination and prices. Since my room is small (10ft x 13ft), I have ruled out FS speakers.*

Some more Details are below:

Purpose - TV, Movies and Music. Mixed use.

Room size - 10ft x 13ft

Budget - 75-100k

Will be using an Apple TV as well as entire family of Apple devices. Have over 100gb of Music and over 1000 movies in a hard disk.

Thanks

Vineet

cinama packageas are not that good....
try speakers with the avrs you mentioned which sound is good for you.
if budget is a constraint buy set afeter set.as all suggested

there are several.
like wharfe 10 series center and bookshelf...sonodyne sonus range
polk rti series..or paradigm any..a centre bookshelfs of the same series and sub

a centre,bookshelves,2 surrounds and a sub of all according and matching power will perform better than a cinema package.

For 3d blue ray players, probably one of the best in the Indian Market you may decide between Sony BDP S480 or Panasonic DMP-BDT110.

I would suggest Panasonic DMP-BDT220 instead for the following reasons:

- newer model
- cheaper by 8k
- wifi built-in
- super fast loading
- recommended by CNET as the best BDP in starter segment; ranked below Sony PS3 slim but this BDP is half the cost

Need your feedback on the foll:
1. Elac Starline 5.0 (also known as cinema 1 Sat/) Rs.54k.
a. Shd I buy an Elac sub only? Dealer suggests Onkyo. Pl. suggest options.
2. Energy RC Micro 5.1 Rs.40k.
3. JBL Control Now 5.1 Rs.70K
4. JBL Control Now (Front 3 spkrs) with JBL Control 1 surround speakers (2nos) Rs.60k.
5. Klipsch Quintet 4 (5.1) Rs.65k with 200watt sub.
6. Morduant Short Alumni 2 Rs. 68k for 5.1.
7. Tannoy Mercuri V1, VR,VC with Velodyne 10 sub.
8. Polk TSI 100 Front, CS 10 Center, OWM3 Satellites with PSW 110/125 Sub.
9. My room is 13ft x 10ft.
10. Will be using Apple TV. Will use the system for everyday TV watching, music and movies.
11. Pl. rate on the basis of Best VFM, best mid-choice, and best in my list irrespective of price.
12. I have shortlisted AVRs Onkyo 515, Denon 713 and Pioneer VSX 922. Pioneer is my top pick due to a very good iControl iOS app. Whats your take?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back